Mother's Day week

Old 05-09-2013, 09:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Mother's Day week

Usually post something earlier in the week, but it's just been too busy for me ~ so I'm a little late. . .

Deep Breath -

Mother's Day week ~
Breathe in, Breathe out ~

What should be a great week - right?
Well not for all of us. . .

For us, it's the second hardest week of the year. Our Sunshine really hates this week. All the activities at school, making all the crafts for "moms" - it's just a constant reminder of what she doesn't have.

She discussed with her counselor on Monday and they came up with some other options and she & I made a plan to use those "crafts" for other things.

We are celebrating Mother's day with my Mom on Friday and taking gifts to the graveyard on Friday morning for her mom. Taking my Mom out to eat on Friday for lunch then she has softball games all weekend.
Sunday, we probably won’t do much at all. Probably avoid church and going out – just give her a little comfort and buffer ~ It won’t be like this always. One day she will be ready to face the world on that day ~ but not this year. She’s making progress but she’s just not there yet.

This week, I think of all the other little ones who miss their moms ~ because like our Sunshine, their Mom has passed away or maybe their mom is lost to this horrid disease.

Then we have the Moms who have lost their precious children to the disease - there will be no big Sunday dinner - no flowers, no loved filled card, no church row filled with all the kids and grandkids
then the women who wanted children and haven't even been given the blessing of little ones ~

It really should be a Happy day, but in recovery we learn about “shoulds” don’t we?

So my friends, if you do get to celebrate Sunday – I am so so very happy for you – but if Sunday comes and it is a difficult day for you ~ please know that at Pink Acres we will be praying for all those who struggle and feel the heart aches on that day and hopefully it will help ease your pain.

So share some comfort with those who may need it – on Sunday and any other day ~ you never know what battle a stranger is fighting ~

PINK HUGS
Old 05-09-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Ms. Pink. This will be a bittersweet day for me. My girls will do things for me, I know. But I miss my Mom, who has been lost again to bi-polar disorder and alcohol. And I'll be thinking of my friend's son who will experience his first Mother's Day without her.

It will be a good time to work on my gratitude list!

Prayers right back atcha for a good day regardless.
~T
Old 05-09-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you, MsPinkAcres. This is a hard one for me. I will be working hard to keep it from being a big downer.

sincerely, dandylion
Old 05-09-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for this. Mother's Day is very difficult for me. I have no meaningful relationship with my R(? - well, dry drunk at least)AM at all. Today I had my yearly trip to the drugstore to read through a bunch of cards that have no meaning for me and try to find the one that is the least un-meaningful. Luckily on Sunday, I have five hours of rehearsal for my upcoming show and then three hours of the Survivor finale to distract me! (No, I'm not terribly proud of the Survivor thing, but after 10 years what point is there in being ashamed, either?)

But also on Sunday, I will be thinking of all the brave Moms on this forum who are still living with active addiction, wondering how y'all do it, and sending all the strength and courage I have to them to make it through. You are all heroes to me.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Gratitude Day

Peace to everyone on Mother's Day. It is a day for reflection, I agree.

My Sunday will be spent apart from my kid to work with (R)AH. I did not realize my little person was worried about me going. Although I often feel like a single parent, I did not realize that our kid is well aware that I am the concrete in their world. Due to alcoholism, this is probably the biggest way that I have become codependent - I operate as a single parent in a 'traditional' home.