Divorce

Old 03-31-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Divorce

There I was thinking divorce only happened when you fell out of love - how naive!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Sometimes it's a matter of self-preservation. I never stopped caring about my second husband, but I couldn't stand living with the drinking any more. I am very grateful for the peace in my life today. I'm sorry he never decided to get well, but there was nothing I could do for him. As far as I know, he is still drinking himself to death, and it's been almost 15 years. I'm thankful I didn't have to go through those fifteen years with him.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I used to say that once a couple has children, that you stay together and make it work no matter what.

I had no real understanding of how an addict could be so immoral. That a person could lie and cheat and manipulate, letting little miss morality raise the children while A goes off and does whatever he pleases. Then comes home, takes the kiddos to the playground with all the mothers saying what a great father he is.

I thought a father would work with his wife because he would care not necessarily always for the wife, but for his babies.

I thought divorce only happened because both spouses gave up.

Naive, naive, naive.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep I thought accepting divorce was a public declaration that you did not love the person. suppose it's like anything else you don't know much about it until it's happening to YOU!