Know of a good councelor in central Fl???

Old 03-22-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Know of a good councelor in central Fl???

Ok, I have been to Alanon for a couple of months and they say not to leave your spouse until you have been with the program for a year. I really need to leave...... I have had enough. Maybe I just need some time alone away from him. I love him (of course, dont we all ) and want my marriage to work but he really isnt trying. Goes to AA once a week, did get a sponsor but only talks once a week, at the meeting for 10 minutes and reads the Big Book 5 minutes before he leaves for the meeting. He is just doing ( IMO ) barely enough to make me think he is changing. He WAS a wonderful careing man, that is turning into mean arrogant person. I really dont like him right now and told him so. Does anyone know of a good councelor in central Florida that knows a lot about alcoholism??? I need to tell someone the WHOLE story and see if I am correct in my thinking. Anybody?
Old 03-22-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

You do not have to 'wait' to leave him for now. If you choose to separate it is all right, especially since at first it would just be a 'separation.' I do not know if FL has 'legal separation' where the paperwork goes before a family court judge or not.

It is okay for you to remove yourself from the situation, so that both of you "can work on your individual programs."

As to finding a qualified addiction counselor therapist, how about asking at before or after your Alanon meetings if anyone know of, has been, or is seeing a therapist that is fairly well versed in addiction and the problems that arise from addiction.

I understand your not wanting to 'close all doors' but possibly with a separation where each of you are living in separate accommodations you might better be able to see if his 'actions' match his words.

Whatever you decide, and while you are pondering a decision and after the decision is made ................................... we are walking with you in spirit.

Love and hugs,
Old 03-22-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry for what you are going through right now. I know for me, when I was done, I was done. Listen to what your gut is telling you. I had to leave for my own sanity and to protect my son from the whole arrogant asshat attitude we had to live with. There are no rules...

I hope you can find someone to talk with in FL. You can always feel free to share here. I have vented and cried here and these awesome people lifted me up sometimes and sometimes gave it to me straight when I needed it. We are here to help.