A prayer from my sister-OT sort of

Old 03-07-2013, 03:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A prayer from my sister-OT sort of

Ever have one of those days (weeks, months!) when it all just comes in waves and you feel like a sponge that cannot take one more drop of water because you are already saturated. Happened Tuesday night. There was a huge snow storm so MORE shoveling with a bad back and knee. xah still being a jerk. Kids reacting. Missing work or being late because of the horrible weather. Everyone sick but me (that is a good thing) so I am taking off work to take care of everyone.

Lost (thought I did) my new phone when I got stuck in my driveway after the huge snow storm we had because my garage door opener does not work. I finally dug myself out, got the car in the garage, did the snow blowing (thank you 2 snow plows who put another 3 feet of snow at the end of my driveway while I was at least still out there trying to dig myself out).

I forgot to call my sister to tell her I was home and realized my phone was no where to be found and remembered the snow blower making an awful sound at one point and thought--oh no, my phone fell in the snow and was eaten by the snow blower. That was the drop of water. I just started bawling and could not stop. Finally decided to try one more time to find it and found it under the mound of stuff that younger DS piles in front of him in the car. Whew! Call my sister and as soon as she asks how the drive home was I started bawling again. She knows I am basically overwhelmed and that axh does all he can to make my situation worse by sending me screaming voice mail, text messages, email.

Anyhow-last night I checked fb and she sent me this and I thought it was perfect and applies to so many of us here-subsititute Holy Father for your HP:

Holy Father, the anguish I feel when life slams me seems to be more than I can handle. Give me strength to push on. Remind me of Your peace and keep me focused on the truth that You have a greater plan and purpose.

Same sister who keeps telling me not to let xah steal my joy. I am happy to have her in my life.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have a great sister! I have one of my own--she is working FT, going to school FT, has issues w/a son in college and still makes time for me when I'm at the end of my rope. Sisters are the best.