Stay safe, East Coast SR friends...

Old 02-07-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stay safe, East Coast SR friends...

Looks like some wild winter weather heading your way.

Alaskans know how to handle such weather. We locals stay out of the way of the winter newbies on the road! And then go on with our lives, business as usual, waxing our skis, sharpening our skate blades, and harnessing up our dog teams.

Prayers for all in the storm's path...
~T
Old 02-07-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'm hoping the forecast for our area is accurate--we are supposed to get mostly rain, just a little snow MAYBE. A little further north, though, it starts getting ugly.

Goods thoughts for neighbors to the north!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, TuffGirl. I don't think my little dog is going to do too well with the dogsled, but otherwise I'm ready!

So wish my apartment had a fireplace - won't ever buy a house in New England without one. I'm less than a mile from the ocean, but way up on top of a hill. I won't get flooded, but the wind may be awesomely ferocious.

ShootingStar1
Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a screwy winter - I have the screen door open right now because its hot in the house - a/c will go on before bed. Go figure.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ski pants, parka, snow shoes and poles are ready! My area is looking at up to 3 FEET!!! Whuuuuut!!? There's gonna be a BIG baby boom 9 months from this weekend
Old 02-07-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lexie, I just checked the weather channel app and they are now calling for 4 to 10 inches of snow!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((redatlanta)) - Totally with you - got my window open and enjoying it!!

Major hugs and prayers to all who are in the path of Nemo? Didn't know they named the storm until I read here!

Stay safe, stay warm and check in Yes, I'm a codie-in-recovery and I worry about all my friends here!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-08-2013, 03:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Impurrfect -hasn't it been the weirdest? I feel like we live in Seattle, when I see the sun it seems strange. I do like a snow was hoping we might get a little this year but I guess not - since I often have on shorts. LOL.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
Lexie, I just checked the weather channel app and they are now calling for 4 to 10 inches of snow!
I'm betting it doesn't amount to that much. It doesn't make a lot of difference to me, though I do have a couple of appointments/errands planned for tomorrow, but we'll see. It's not as if I don't have stuff I need to do at home, anyway.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So far just some light snow here in New Hampshie but it is supposed to get crazy later! For now just enjoying the day off from school and work. I'm thankful for our gas stove that will give us heat even if the power goes out. I will miss the internet though... :-)

Thanks for thinking of us!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
I'm betting it doesn't amount to that much. It doesn't make a lot of difference to me, though I do have a couple of appointments/errands planned for tomorrow, but we'll see. It's not as if I don't have stuff I need to do at home, anyway.
Well, it started as rain so that's good. My daughter and grandsons are flying in from Memphis Tn this morning. As long at they make it in I don't really care about the rest.

Best part is that the boys are staying with me at my apartment!

Thank God for recovery or I would be bouncing of the walls right now.

Also the 4-10 is for Burlington County, not Camden County.

Your friend,
Old 02-08-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

North East Pa here. (nepa) looking at 5 to 8 inches. Not too bad. Further north is supposed to get hit hard.

Did my grocery shopping yesterday, just in case. And I hate to shovel, but I guess I need to get use to that living in Pa.

Hope everyone north of me is ok, sleeting here now, got my wood stove going.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I have been watching the forecasts since last night... they keep changing with snow totals increasing. 3" I can handle - 6" starts to get tough shovelling after that I will be officially "snowed in" (new rules for myself).

Kind of hoping there is not so much... normally I have so little to worry about on the weekends that it wouldn't matter - but tomorrow I am supposed to meet a cat I have agreed to foster. Guess that can be rescheduled if needed.

Good luck everyone who gets snowed on - stay safe.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

The governor ordered no vehicles on the roads after 4pm, just emergency vehicles. The Public Transit is closed as of 3:30 PM. Grocery stores were annihilated of milk and bread, it's SNOWMAGEDDON! ;-)

I made a honkin batch of chili on Wed that could feed me for a week. I'm good! I am enjoying working from home today, and watching the snow fall...knowing that if the power goes out I have a generator and plenty of gas to power the snow blower. I'm hunkered down for the weekend.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My brother and his new wife are very glad to be in California right now for the grammys on Sunday! His employer (a large radio station in Hartford CT) flies him and another DJ out every year to cover the grammys. Looks like he and his wife will be flying back to a lot of snow!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Snowing pretty hard where I am right now, about 2" in the last hour. Just got a load of propane delivered and plenty of gas for the generator if it comes to that. Already got my groceries in and will be making a huge pot of chicken noodle soup - yum!

Patsfan - snowmageddon?!! Too funny - LOLROTF!! :rotfxko
Old 02-08-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I made sure I got all my laundry done so if we loose power I dont have a gigantic pile of laundry! Spicy west African peanut soup waiting to warm me up after the first round of shoveling ( which may be pretty soon!)
Old 02-08-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by ivegotsunshine View Post
I made sure I got all my laundry done so if we loose power I dont have a gigantic pile of laundry! Spicy west African peanut soup waiting to warm me up after the first round of shoveling ( which may be pretty soon!)
Mmmmmm.....
Old 02-08-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Mmmmmm.....
Yeah - my daughter makes this soup and its delicious! Enjoy!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I wish we'd get some snow out here in Seattle. We haven't gotten any at all this year. It's staying up in the mountains.