Stay safe, East Coast SR friends...

Old 02-08-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
Yeah - my daughter makes this soup and its delicious! Enjoy!
Recipe, someone, PLEASE!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lexie, this is the link for the recipe I used
Beth’s Kitchen in Prague. | 10thirty

If it does not work, google Beth's Kitchen in Prague and it should come up. I substituted regular peanut butter for low fat, and also heavy cream for 2% milk.
If you do not have peanut oil I would think you could use canola or vegetable oil. Dont think I would try EVOO. It was so good. Im a little embarrassed to say I've eaten almost the whole thing in 24 hours!
Let me know how you make out!

Old 02-08-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Getting very fierce outside here on New England Coast - wind is roaring, snow is deep. Expect to lose power soon!

ShootingStar1
Old 02-08-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Getting very fierce outside here on New England Coast - wind is roaring, snow is deep. Real blizzard. Can't expect power to stay on with this wind.

ShootingStar1
Old 02-08-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Doing well here. My therapist rescheduled my appointment to next week, but aside from that I don't have much to fear. I'm hoping the power stays on so I can get some vacuuming and laundry done tomorrow, but if it goes out I'll still be fine. I love gas stoves, you can cook even if the power is out. No emergency shopping for me, I went on a major "stock my pantry with healthy things that don't expire for at least a year" a few weeks ago, so I'm all set for awhile.

To be honest, I don't think we'll get hit as badly as the news was saying. Everyone was leaving work early and it's 10pm and they only got a light dusting (and it's back to not snowing again). My biggest annoyance is going to be the sound of shovels outside at my apartment complex while I'm trying to sleep. I'll manage!

I know others will not be so lucky. Stay safe, everyone.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Iwish you all well with your weather conditions,stay safe.Hard for me to imagine snow as it is 30 c here at present and worry is about fires!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I should have added that we are not free of natural disasters and it's devastation.Eighteen months ago our city(Christchurch )was flattened by 6 large earthquakes,followed by thousands of aftershocks.It has left many A and addicts relapsing as everybody tries to cope with the stress the best.way they can.Many though got sober as my son did as we were so happy to be alive ,as 189 people were.not so lucky.Sorry this is off topic and irrelevant to most reading this,but I was trying to point out how disaster brings out the best in many people.,but I don't think I've expressed myself very well
Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes for everyone - stay safe!

D
Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by ivegotsunshine View Post
Lexie, this is the link for the recipe I used
Beth’s Kitchen in Prague. | 10thirty

If it does not work, google Beth's Kitchen in Prague and it should come up. I substituted regular peanut butter for low fat, and also heavy cream for 2% milk.
If you do not have peanut oil I would think you could use canola or vegetable oil. Dont think I would try EVOO. It was so good. Im a little embarrassed to say I've eaten almost the whole thing in 24 hours!
Let me know how you make out!

Thanks! This will require a trip to the store, but it sounds wonderful!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:45 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

My cousin in Boston shared a photo tonight of him all bundled up, with a comment that they're still looking for Skywalker, but found Nemo. It really did look like planet Hoth. Meanwhile, it was above freezing here in Anchorage; the roads were a muddy-slush mess over icy patches, and are probably quite 'fun' now. February is usually the coldest month here... Stay safe, all.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
A work in progress

We got a couple of inches, at the most. That's what's piled on my car--took me about a minute to brush it off. Even less on the ground--I think a lot of it melted when it first came down, due to the rain we had before it started.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm on the New England coast - ferocious winds all night, blizzard snow, drifts everywhere. People here have chimes and bells hung in their yards - they were ringing all night! It was a h%ll of a storm! Lost power but only for 5 hours, so I have heat and all services. I'm cozy with my little dog looking out at only white things. Whole world is white.

Lots of ocean flooding right into the snow drifts. Weather is supposed to get into low 40's next week - will be a huge problem with flooded basements then.

Glad to be safe! Hope the power stays on!

ShootingStar1
Old 02-09-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I drive a honda CRV and the snow was higher than the hood! We have about 2.5 FEET of snow! But the snow drifts are what is really amazing where I am. Hubby is out plowing our driveway while I do the laundry. Just trying to figure out if he will be able to get into Boston tonight for the Bruins game! Im going to be mad if they pplay and there is still a driving ban.. those tickets are not cheap and we already lost half the season! (and Tim Thomas )
Old 02-09-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Shooting Star- those waves coming over the wall were HUGE!! Taller than the houses along the shore! Be safe- its scary out there!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ShootingStar1 View Post
I'm on the New England coast - ferocious winds all night, blizzard snow, drifts everywhere. People here have chimes and bells hung in their yards - they were ringing all night! It was a h%ll of a storm! Lost power but only for 5 hours, so I have heat and all services. I'm cozy with my little dog looking out at only white things. Whole world is white.

Lots of ocean flooding right into the snow drifts. Weather is supposed to get into low 40's next week - will be a huge problem with flooded basements then.

Glad to be safe! Hope the power stays on!

ShootingStar1
I hear rain/freezing rain too for you guys (my family lives on the coast in the thick of it) next week too.

Glad you are well and snug as a bug.

I talked with my family last night and sometimes I realize it is harder to have loved ones in it (with out power) while 2800 miles away I have it. All I do with it though is make myself nuts checking the weather channel.

Actually I have gotten better with that as recovery has progressed. All of you take care.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I'm in NJ and got moderate snow, but I heard that the town I grew up in and where my family still lives, Milford CT, got the most snow: 38"!! Emailed my bro to see how he is but haven't heard back yet.. maybe power's out..