lunch with ex a's mom today

Old 01-12-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lunch with ex a's mom today

It has only been 6 weeks since the break up. I have always been super close with his family; the all called me after we split to express their love for me. But today I am freaking out. I have been on a nonstop crying spree all week. This lunch has been planned for weeks. I am making myself go. She has attended alanon in the past..and I am hoping she will not ask questions. Ex always demonized his previous wives to his fam. What if he is doing yhe same to me? I will not burden his fam with details of his betrayal and I dont want their pity. Im just nervous. I still love that A B@$!@&* . Will I be able to hide that to keep from hurting her? Prayers please. I need a big dose of them. Thanks
Old 01-12-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I will pray for you. I understand the difficulty. Lots of hugs to you!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You know, if it's too painful, You don't have to go to lunch with her.

If it were me, I would be asking myself why I felt the need to stay so connected to the ex's family. While you may have formed a relationship with her, the bottom line is, the dynamic of that relationship has changed.

Please be gentle with yourself, these kinds of situations can lead to more heartache for YOU.

Hoping your plan gives you some closure. take care