Rehab

Old 12-12-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rehab

Hi - Now my husband is looking for a place for rehab. Last time I wrote I was posting about talking to my husband about his drinking. Well now after an out of control drunken night (where I got punched in the face 2 x's) and a night in jail. We have his attention. Looking for a rehab place. At least 90 days. We live in MD - willing to travel out of state. Anyone have any suggestions of places that are good?
Old 12-12-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

schick shadel is in seattle - pretty good success rate considering. good luck!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Footprints beachside recovery in treasure island, fl. That is where i am at now..its right on the beach..very good pricing. also, lakeside recovery in northpalm beach,fl. I have both places to thank for my sobriety.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Three in the Midwest that my AH used. One not worth anything. My advice is to be wary of anything that speaks against 12 step programs. Most places will have some form of 12 step program, because it's the dominant communitym and because after people are out of the controlled environment of rehab they need to have a support system. AA is built in, it's everywhere, and it's free to all.

I highly recommend Hazelden in MN as a resource and as a treatment center. People come there from all over the U.S. My insurance paid about half and family helped him pay off the rest, but it was reasonable, and they are among the best.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Talbott Recovery Center in Atlanta. They developed the process of "mirroring". A little known Rehab as far as name but considered the "harvard of rehabs". Minimum is 90 days. They are known for treating professionals - Dr's, lawyers and the like but will take anyone wanting treatment. Good luck and good news hope it works out.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Retired Pro Drunk

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
I highly recommend Hazelden in MN as a resource and as a treatment center. People come there from all over the U.S.
Correction - all over the world.

Hazelden got me sober - clean and sober over 5 years now. They pretty much invented rehab.

They are #1 as far as I'm concerned.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hazelden got me sober - clean and sober over 5 years now. They pretty much invented rehab.

They are #1 as far as I'm concerned.
They really are. And I'm still blown away at how reasonable their costs were compared to some of the flashier beachfront properties and even some of the more local places closer to where I'm from. They must know how to work an insurance company, because they squeezed out every penny.