quack quack quack

Old 12-10-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
I would so love to use the cast iron skillet to relax him!
This I have been guilty of thinking lol
Old 12-10-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

We both work. We have easy jobs. He likes to say... my job is so stressful! I ask him how bad it is watching inmates sleep and count heads?! His job was stressful on 2-10pm but midnight... Its NOT!

Me... I sit at a desk for 12 hours, do a round every 2 hours n I'm online.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

My ah has 2 weeks off a month. Here soon a huge raise also and still finds ways to complain.
Its sad....they feed off the pity party they throw
Old 12-10-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Omgsh so what does ah do when someone tells him they remember him at a bar even though he doesnt remember at all?
Yup he goes to the bar....there right now blowing money he was just complaining about before he left....
Old 12-10-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thislonelygirl View Post
I too had to to shut him up...I even give him massages lol....if I relax him enough hell crash then im like finally!! A break!! Kind of like getting a baby to sleep lol
Frustrating ....I dont climb mountains but pretty tired from a energetic toddler plus the emotional drain alone listening to them makes you want to clock out.
Yup... Massages, back rubs, whatever the hell it takes sometimes... Twin toddlers and a house to maintain.. I am exhausted enough without having to pamper him like King Tut! Can't I just sit & relax for 1 blasted minute after they go to bed without him needing something? Or sleep for 1 night without him talking/snoring in his sleep?
Old 12-10-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

This will never get any better or be any different you know? It will be more of the same, and probably get worse because more money will be spent, more deterioration in demeanor, more difficulty keeping up with anything but the drinking.

Do you ladies go to al-anon or counseling or anything? I didn't start any kind of recovery until after I decided to leave and I regret that. I wish I would have much sooner because as time marched on I became so unhappy and lost. It (as in myself not him and his drinking) got worse and worse. There was no joy. None.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Yup twins! We seem to be the responsible ones when it comes to their egos abd normal act I vites.
Wish I could get a break....sadly that happens when hes either passed ouf or hes dissappeared all day night.
Too bad they cant be like this like we are wiyh them
Old 12-10-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
This will never get any better or be any different you know? It will be more of the same, and probably get worse because more money will be spent, more deterioration in demeanor, more difficulty keeping up with anything but the drinking.

Do you ladies go to al-anon or counseling or anything? I didn't start any kind of recovery until after I decided to leave and I regret that. I wish I would have much sooner because as time marched on I became so unhappy and lost. It (as in myself not him and his drinking) got worse and worse. There was no joy. None.
Completely agree. Went to one meeting should go to more.
I have thought ....this is only just going to get worse until theres nothing to fix and im just done.
What a sad day thatll be....I can just feel it.
Hes not taking initiative to correct his problem and I cant do it for him.
So where does that leave me or should I say us as we are in the same drunken boat?
Without gas and wanting to get off
Old 12-10-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Just now I finally called ah I knew where he was . At the bar. He had his friend calll me back and basically explain they are being good boys then when on the phone with ah he was cold and unemotional explaining hes being good and love you . Click.
It was like he was calling his mom....and trying not to get in trouble.
It breaks my heart but as much anger as im feelimg...im just glad. Yet sad im feelimg less of a care. Could the day im done be closer than I think?. Very much so!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Well, what is your plan? How long are you going to sit on the sideline, watch him drink, and wait for him to decide to go to outpatient...or whatever...his most recent verbal appeasement to you was?
Old 12-10-2012, 04:12 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

:ghug3(((HUGS))) LonelyGirl!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:36 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
... it took several months of figuring out that not a thing I did or said made a difference when he was up for an argument. He would have it, no matter what I came back with. Arguing was just another stimulant to stave off dealing with himself. By disengaging I pulled the plug on that DOC and he hated it. Ah well.
My XAH used to argue with me about it being his right to argue with me because I was his wife and it was therefore, my ROLE to participate in the "discussions" and the arguments he chose to have with me. Crazy drunken b@stard.

When I disengaged, he would start to yell and shout at me about how I didn't care about the state of the world or politics or ANYTHING. I did, I do, I simply chose not to engage with an abusive drunk who was looking for a fight.

He used to sit here in front of the television saying sexist, nasty, mean things about the women on TV hoping (I believe) for me to react just so he could argue with me.

In the beginning of our relationship I used to admire houses, homes, gardens etc. Id say: "Look at that beautiful house, garden etc" and he would (I thought it was a joke back then) say "I hate it. It's f&cking ugly" and we would both laugh because it was a joke, right? BUT, the more he drank and used drugs, the more that "joke" became a frightening reality. If I said it was Friday he would argue that it was Saturday and if it wasn't Saturday then it ought to be Saturday and d@mn it, he would make it feel like Saturday by not going to work and getting drunk and wasted.

If we argued it always got UGLY. He would try to provoke arguments as an excuse to get wasted and blame it on me.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:51 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

You know sonetimes that works but a few times it hadnt...tried taking a walk or going to bed just to get followed around. I wish I could just go to sleep....on his too many drinks night where he wont sleep. He wont let me ....just talks talks talks
OMG! That happened to me too. 3 months with him GONE now and I'm losing the bags under my eyes from never getting enough sleep and working my arse off while he slept away his drunken arse abusive behavior.

You do realize that depriving you of sleep is abusive?
Old 12-11-2012, 01:52 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I too had to to shut him up...I even give him massages lol....if I relax him enough hell crash then im like finally!! A break!! Kind of like getting a baby to sleep lol
How does that make you feel? Just reading it makes me feel dirty and cheapened.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:59 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

dang, you ladies need to get out. They don't have ANY reason to change while you put up with their s**t. I know easier said than done, but really, they ain't gonna change if you massage them to sleep. That sounds like a spa.....why change?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Originally Posted by Lulu39 View Post
How does that make you feel? Just reading it makes me feel dirty and cheapened.
Not dirty or cheapened. Makes me feel angry ..sad....that thats what i have done before to shut him up above all its stressful.
I go from fighting with a 2 yr old to get to bed to fighting with a grown man to get to bed.
Then I dont get indication that im appreciate. So yea...
Sad.