stresssssssss

Old 11-26-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
I found that type of treatment to be ideal when I am in a healthy relationship. However, it didn't work when I was in a relationship with an active alcoholic. Normal relationships involve two people treating each other with mutual respect. Alcoholic relationships aren't normal because one partner is not capable of rational thinking/behavior.

In a relationship with an active alcoholic, alcohol is the priority ~ I was just an option.
yes i truly see that....i thought i was at one time or another but sadly as things escalated i came to that sad sad sad conclusion.
And you are absolutely right ...in a normal relationship which is what i in my fantasy land treated it as for the longest time and then through alot of heartbreak and hard hits on the head figuratively i learned that i am not in any way in a normal relationship and being in the relationship not living a normal life. how sad is that?
Old 11-26-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
I remember asking my AH not to drink because I had something planned as a family... WTF was I thinking?! He took it as an open invitation to get sh!tfaced every single time.
this made me laugh. i have seriosuly thought this to myself. Honey....its my birthday no drinking ok? WAM! drunk! lol
Babe we are going to the hospital to see so and so WAM! Drunk again
ok seriously......its a family members birthday no drinking!...
eeh....once agai
Old 11-28-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
Is that because when you return, you treat him as if he is God's greatest gift to women? Do you act as if you can't get enough of him?

That's how I acted with my husband after he would make the promises that I wanted to hear.

On the outside, I was happy to be the loving couple again.
On the inside, I felt cheap and degraded.
I sure know that feeling all to well!