I Dreamed of My Son Last Night

Old 11-10-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Dreamed of My Son Last Night

It was so vivid. His presence was there.

Me and my other son had just moved into a new house and it sort of empty with boxes. Unexpectedly my AS showed up. He was friendly and said nothing about the addictions or problems.

He went into an empty bedroom and set up a kite sort of thing with string and pulleys that raised the kite part up to the ceiling. It had something to do with physics (an interest of his).

Then he got in dark boxy new car and drove off. He waved when he left and I didn't know if he were waving at me or my other son or us both.

That's all. I am teary today. It crossed my mind it was an omen. I hope he's not dead. You hear stories like that. They die and they come in a vivid dream to say good bye.

I hope maybe he dreamed of me, that's all, that maybe he's thinking kindly of me or misses me. I sure miss him.

I last saw him mid January, when he brought the police to my house to get his birth certificate. I remember standing next to him as he got back into the police car thinking: this is the last time I'll ever see him.

I'm very uneasy and weepy. I'm sure it's all nothing. But still...
Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry your going through this, I know it's not easy.

Maybe it was your minds way of him visting you, a calm, ordinary interaction, no drama or pain, just contact.

Hope comfort comes your way,

Toss
Old 11-10-2012, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Addiction is so heartbreaking. .

Sending comforting thoughts your way today.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending love and strength to you today. Your pain comes through the screen so clearly.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Dreams are interesting in their meanings...to say it wasnt the worst case scenario of death lets take into perpective that it was the opposite-of life after recovery.
I do hope that you talk and see your son and find him safe . my prayers are with you
Old 11-10-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sending you positive thoughts and lots of hugs.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hugs
Old 11-10-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sending you positive thoughts and best wishes.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I feel for you. I have had dreams like that, so vivid. Hugs.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

(((Hugs))) SadHeart. I think the reason he came to you in the dream is not because he is dead. IDK where you live but where I live, the seasons are changing. It is autumn and it has gotten cold. Autumn is full of all kinds of strange energies. The clocks change and everyone says how weird they feel, how "off" everything is. And I agree.

I had the same kind of dream, and the same weepiness, the same sadness, as you. AXBF spent lots of time, all "day" in fact, with me in my dream. We said all sorts of things and I could feel him in my heart. And when I woke up yesterday, I carried a sadness in my heart all day, into the night, and even woke up this morning still with a heavy heart and a knot in my throat.

But we are going to be OK. I promise. Your DS will be OK. We just have to get through this one day at a time.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

He's not dead; someone would have told me. It was so weird and vivid and clear. Maybe he was thinking of me.

I like that.

The difference between him and the other 3 alcoholics who have been in my life (my dad and two husbands) is I knew deep down they didn't love me. My AS has been horrible to me, but I know deep down he loves me--and actually likes me. Although right now he's high on life having found a good place to mooch which he 'pays' for by trashing me and my other sons, and his stupid codie grandmother has just bought him a mustang. So life's good for him right now. Money to party, a cool car to hide his failures in, someone enabling him so he doesn't have to work much or worry about food, housing, etc... I wouldn't think he's I'd be much in his thoughts these days.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Originally Posted by SadHeart View Post
He's not dead; someone would have told me. It was so weird and vivid and clear. Maybe he was thinking of me.

I like that.

The difference between him and the other 3 alcoholics who have been in my life (my dad and two husbands) is I knew deep down they didn't love me. My AS has been horrible to me, but I know deep down he loves me--and actually likes me. Although right now he's high on life having found a good place to mooch which he 'pays' for by trashing me and my other sons, and his stupid codie grandmother has just bought him a mustang. So life's good for him right now. Money to party, a cool car to hide his failures in, someone enabling him so he doesn't have to work much or worry about food, housing, etc... I wouldn't think he's I'd be much in his thoughts these days.

i really hope his grandmother wakes up or gets to her end of condependcy from being fed up...this is a no no because its reward for bad behaviour instead of reward for sbriety. thats a shame. im sorry. i hope your child finds life in recovery. sadly, it will either be his doing alone or with the lack of enabling he has in his life.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((((((SadHeart)))))))

Originally Posted by SadHeart View Post
It was so vivid. His presence was there.

Me and my other son had just moved into a new house and it sort of empty with boxes. Unexpectedly my AS showed up. He was friendly and said nothing about the addictions or problems.

He went into an empty bedroom and set up a kite sort of thing with string and pulleys that raised the kite part up to the ceiling. It had something to do with physics (an interest of his).

Then he got in dark boxy new car and drove off. He waved when he left and I didn't know if he were waving at me or my other son or us both.

That's all. I am teary today. It crossed my mind it was an omen. I hope he's not dead. You hear stories like that. They die and they come in a vivid dream to say good bye.

I hope maybe he dreamed of me, that's all, that maybe he's thinking kindly of me or misses me. I sure miss him.

I last saw him mid January, when he brought the police to my house to get his birth certificate. I remember standing next to him as he got back into the police car thinking: this is the last time I'll ever see him.

I'm very uneasy and weepy. I'm sure it's all nothing. But still...