Egregious Saturday Night- Memory Bias?

Old 11-05-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am with Marie1960 - They are so damn selfish and I hate this disease!!!!

I wouldn't go anywhere with him anymore. I know this sounds harsh or impossible but no way - its bringing out the worst in him and in you.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

This is all manipulative behavior on his part. I have been there. They hold some power ( a credit card, the car keys, you name it) and they use it to get what they want.

I can't tell you how many times I faced this. Often, when my future-XAH didn't want to go somewhere, he'd pick a fight on the way there, and then, since he'd be driving, he'd turn around and drive home saying that he was too angry at me and that I didn't deserve to be able to show up with him and "pretend" that everything was ok. OMG....I have spent the last few weeks writing pages and pages of incidents that I put up with total crap for over 27 years.

Being away from him for the last 2 months has cleared my head....no more having to walk on egg shells, no more wondering if today would be a 'good day or bad day", no more verbal and emotional abuse. My kids tell me, "mom, we can spend the day together and KNOW that we're going to have a great day." So true!!
Old 11-05-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

What I long noticed was that my AH operates in a memory-less system. He doesn't learn from mistakes, he'd repeat the same ones over and over again and act like the mistake had never occurred before. Our kids and I would often be shaking our heads.