Latest lesson

Old 01-17-2004, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Latest lesson

There must be mysterious forces at work in my life. That is the only way that I can explain how I'm learning things about myself from a night-time TV show. I don't really watch much TV, so it's strange that I should find myself so captivated by "Joan of Arcadia".
Anyway, part of the lesson Joan learns in last night's episode is that recreation is just as important as work. And (as "God" tells Joan) that "recreation" is about "re-creating" or re-defining things. Another overriding message that this show sends is that things happen for a reason and that we are moved where we are supposed to go.
I'm also more than infatuated with the budding relationship between Joan and Adam. Apparently, the sixteen-year-old romantic that lives in me is still alive and well.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 01-17-2004, 09:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Gabe,

Isn't it funny how I could see your sixteen year old in your post but you couldn't.....

I am always amazed when I have an "aha" moment? I am so glad you recongized it..

Love and prayers,
Daffodil
Old 01-18-2004, 05:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
believer

Gabe!!!

I was watching Joan of A the other night and was going to start a thread to you while it was on to thank you for telling us about this show. I just love it and I love the idea of God talking to Joan and how she talks back to him like a regular person, instead of with awe and reverance. Not that she's being disrespectful, but I just like the way they interact.

Great show and yes, I too am on pins and needles about Joan and Adam's relationship!

Hugs,
JG
Old 01-18-2004, 06:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have decided that

I am WAY overinvested in the Joan/Adam relationship. When those two have intimate scenes, my heart sprouts little wings and flies around the room. Their slow dance this week was so perfect. I loved how it conveyed closeness and fun at the same time (he twirled her, be still my heart).
And by the way, Luke was so Gabe-like this week when he said:
"Nobody listens, and yet I talk."
Love the show. I've run out of words to convey my fan-girl worship of it.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 01-18-2004, 03:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Gabe -

I, too, am a fan. If there was ever someone who needs to be loved and cared for it is Adam. Do you thinks that Joan is a codie? Personally, I think that not all codie behavior is bad. Actually, I think that if you have breasts you are automatically a codie!!!!!!! What do you think "God" will do if Joan and Adam want to have sex?

Hugs, Jo
Old 01-18-2004, 05:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think Joan has some

"Codie-ish" tendencies, but there is hope for her. She has a very healthy independent streak. And she has Grace as a friend, and Grace Polk is no Codie.
Helen is definately a Codie. She is all about trying to make everyone else's life better, God bless her.
As for Adam, he's that fragile, deep, sensitive guy that makes Codie women everywhere want to care for him. Christopher Marquette is just an average looking guy, but he has women all over the country hot for him/Adam.
I don't think we're going to see Joan and Adam ring the sex bell this season. Personally, I need a couple more episodes of this adorable puppy love thing they've got going on before I can handle them going to the next level.
I don't think all Codie behavior is bad either. I think it's a good thing to love and nurture people. As long as it doesn't get loopy and unbalanced.
Peace,
Gabe