Advice on divulging the 'dirty little secret'

Old 08-29-2012, 10:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for telling your stories.

JrsJourney - I hear what you say when stating it is 'his story/your own story' to tell. You are so right...cancer (or alcholism) is something you can chose to tell others or not.

I am thinking my personal journey is something I can tell my sister. My journey of trying to heal and live my life as I distance myself from my ASon. My sister will say, "you don't mean that." I will tell her I do mean that because his alcoholism has just about ruined my 41 year marriage, upset my younger son, his wife, his life, and their children. Sisters talk about their children during every conversation. Our children are part of our lives...every day. We talk about the weather, our jobs, our hobbies...and we do talk about our children and grandchildren.

I am only as sick as my secrets; same as an alcoholic. I don't like to have secrets between myself and my sister. It is debilitating.

Alcoholism can really tear up a family... I just found myself rattling on. Today is a day I can't clear my head of those thoughts I have no control over. I ask God to help me with that.