I'm done.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Originally Posted by rdlesstraveled View Post
anvilhead,

Thank you! You have helped me more than you will ever know....... my higher power just spoke through you to me. Thank you thank you thank you!
Pope Anvilhead. LOL
Old 07-30-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Thank you all so VERY VERY much!!! I have made my decision and that decision is me and MY life. I am extricating myself out of this horrible relationship (if you can even call it that). I will continue to post (because I still have A LOT of work and healing ahead) and I will actively go to ACOA/Al Anon.

For any newbies reading....... keep posting, keep reading. This forum and these posters will give you strength to do what YOU need to do. THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Love you!!!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

YOU guys are the heroes!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Not being able to do anything right was a recurring theme in my relationship with the AXBF as well. Even after I broke up with him for being an angry, raging a**, he sent me a letter about everything I was doing WRONG in the relationship.

you will never win with this person, sad but true...
Old 07-30-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZiggyB View Post
Not being able to do anything right was a recurring theme in my relationship with the AXBF as well. Even after I broke up with him for being an angry, raging a**, he sent me a letter about everything I was doing WRONG in the relationship.

you will never win with this person, sad but true...
ZiggyB,

I will have to totally prepare myself for the aftermath. It will NOT be pretty. I do not fear him at all, but the tears will be flowing, the apologies will be ongoing and I will be text/cell stalked.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Seriously...create a plan NOW.

The apologies, flowers, love notes and promises are VERY hard to fight off once your initial anger wears down.

The first few days are easy. But we're all human...and lonely days and nights get each and every one of us.

A lot of people here recommend blocking their cell phone number.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

ZiggyB,

I will have to totally prepare myself for the aftermath. It will NOT be pretty. I do not fear him at all, but the tears will be flowing, the apologies will be ongoing and I will be text/cell stalked.
Yeah you need to stand firm! I wish I had, because my abusive axbf begged to come back many times with the song and dance about how he would change. Like the loving person I am, I always wanted to believe his B.S. I am amazed that he did not do it with the breakup this time, although after he flipped out on me like a crazy person the last time even he knew it must have been over for good.

Don't listen to him, that's my best advice. They never change and you will be wasting precious years of your life.

I did not block his cell number but I deleted it from my phone and deleted all his emails. I also blocked and/or removed him from my social media accounts so there would be no reminders. You need a barrier 10 feet tall!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

ZiggyB,

Oh rdlesstraveled I am also dreading this!! The emotional blackmail will be in full flight!!