When sober she is quiet and angry looking

Old 07-28-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When sober she is quiet and angry looking

When my girlfriend is sober she is always very untalkative and looks angry. She is quiet watching tv for hours somtimes. Then when drinking I cant get a word in edge wise and the anger in her eyes disapears. SHe says more in 10 minutes than what she says in a week sober. She becomes aggressive towrds me. All her focus is on me for the hours shes drinking while when sober she does her thing. Anyone observe notible changes in there partners from sober to drinking?
Old 07-28-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes.

My x was kind, considerate, a bit shy, somewhat quiet etc... when sober.

One drink, he became a monster.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Alcohol is a social lubricant, so even normies are more talkative. Mine becomes more aggressive.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The last couple of years I lived with my AH there were marked changes in his personality. When he drank he was talkative, gave compliments, expressed gratitude, funny-that had been his personality most of the time. But between the drinking days, usually Monday to Thursday he was silent, angry, became argumentative, sat in his easy chair for hours looking so damned depressed. He would finish his obligations on Thursday night and immediately come home and drink 3-4 beers in the garage before he even stepped in the house. It did a number on y head because it started to be that I wished he would start drinking just so I would not have to deal with his anger. But then he would get sloppy and stupid so...
Now I think that even though he may not have been drinking more it was just getting harder and harder for him to be sober and cope with all the irritations that are part of life.
Even now, when I bump into him and he is nice to me, I know he has a good buzz going. When he scowls at me and uses an angry tone,, I know he has not had a drink yet.
So I did not like the angry sober H but I did not care for the sweet, sloppy H. Sounds like a no brainer right?
Still I struggle.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

And they say women have mood swings! I used to wear headphones all the time because of that stuff. Aargh!
Old 07-28-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

When exabf was drunk, I used ear plugs, he never shut up and he would blast his music up...it was awful..he was out of control...a real azzhat..I am sooo glad he is gone...forever.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Gosh I hope you dont come from where I live

Sounds excactly like my ex AH..

Is she going/been to Rehab, working AA ???

If not it will just get worse and worse ..
Old 02-23-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by webber1 View Post
Gosh I hope you dont come from where I live

Sounds excactly like my ex AH..

Is she going/been to Rehab, working AA ???

If not it will just get worse and worse ..
She isnt going to anything, your right. It has gotten worse.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

When my girlfriend is sober she is always very untalkative and looks angry.

hmm, "sober" or hungover? sober is more than not having a drink in the past 12 hours.

SHe says more in 10 minutes than what she says in a week sober. She becomes aggressive towrds me. All her focus is on me for the hours shes drinking while when sober she does her thing.

again i surmise there could be more than just drinking going on. regardless she sounds VERY unstable, unpleasant and self absorbed.

if a buddy of yours shared this story to you about HIS "girlfriend" what you think about it?
Old 02-23-2013, 02:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

When my ex was on a roll, he would drink and then do crack. It has been said in meetings that drinking and cocaine for many...go together.

After his toot, he would aeither sit, lay down and watch TV or pass out, poor baby had to rest.