Feeling more confident

Old 07-14-2012, 10:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Feeling more confident

I wish I knew what brings this on, but today I have been more confident in asserting myself, nice like.

The NPD business partner has been totally working me, telling me she'll always love me (gag) while trying to totally screw me. She thinks she's so smart.

Last week, she wanted to talk by phone about how to end our business relationship. i did and she told me she will always love me no matter what (gag) but that we just can't be partners anymore, and oh by the way, she'll have her lawyer Daddy draw up dissolution papers for the business.

I know she intends to continue publishing our paper under the new name we've been doing it for two months. She's been working to push me out of the business (we're 50/50) since January. Told me I have to give up 25% to bring in investors, bullied me for months and now she's shifted to attempting to manipulate me.

She thinks I'm an idiot and is completely incapable of loving anyone but herself. BUT I have been afraid to do anything at all without clinging to my attorney.

I've been alternately afraid of her then so disgusted and enraged that I'm willing to do anything at all to make her go away for good.

But now I'm operating with a good amount of indifference, and just sent her an email saying, "Aren't you intending to continue publishing under (the name we've transitioned to)?

She will probably call me to discuss, but I won't answer. Or try blamingshifting, bullying or lying.

None of it will work because I've been able to achieve indifference with a good dose of self esteem and am not too afraid to take action. i feel better about my actions, because I no longer take her for her word anymore.

That's a problem with some folks you know.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

When you receive the dissolution papers her attorney (Daddy) draws up, be sure to have them reviewed by your attorney. Let the attorneys negotiate.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Thanks Suki, my attorney is already on this.

I'm so relieved to be able to hand this to an attorney.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so glad to hear you have an attorney to handle this.
Let her try to manipulate the attorney, that is what he is paid for.

I have been trying to remember one of nodaybuttoday's quotes,

"Your hateful (or spiteful?) rain of words cannot penetrate my umbrella of indifference."

Just pop open your umbrella, and stay dry!

Beth