Weekends are bad

Old 04-20-2012, 06:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weekends are bad

My alcoholic boy friend is also a workaholic. He works everyday no matter how much he drank the night before. Last weekend was a horror! He had the whole weekend off. Saturday night I heard him on the phone trying to hook up with an old girlfriend. That didn't work out for him so he blasted the stereo all night long and yelled to the music. Sunday night he complained that I wouldn't have sex (I refuse to when he is drunk). He kept waking me up telling me there is something wrong with me! He drank non stop the whole time passing out only occasionally.

I have a lease and can't move out until November. This seems like an eternity.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Puli50 View Post
I have a lease and can't move out until November. This seems like an eternity.
I see your location is Illinois. You may wish to read up on the State's "Safe Homes Act." If it comes to that; you have an out. I just went through this with my daughter's BF
Old 04-20-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Linkin Park Enthusiast

I get the whole not having sex thing a lot too.

It seems that when he gets drunk he turns his whole life into a pity party. Dude, I don't want to hear it, I have a lot more stuff on my plate than you, and I know people who are even more worse off than me, and we aren't able to hide in a bottle because life demands too much of us. Geez!

I agree with you about the weekend thing, but that is because I work weekends, and he seems to know ahead of time when I have to get up at 4am, so he can start some stupid argument and I get no sleep. It sucks.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No violence, fortunately, but thanks for the info. He is passed out on the couch with wet pants right now. He has work today, thank God! It is so difficult to get the denial he has. As someone posted, it is like talking to a tree. Nothing gets through!
Old 04-21-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Is this what you want for yourself? It's good to stand back a bit and ask yourself this question. Because what's out there (the alcoholic) isn't going to change. You have to be the one who changes.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The suggestion to read up State's "Safe Homes Act." is a good one. I believe that one of the items in there is about disturbing one's sleep.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Break the lease..
Some landlords only want an extra months' rent..
Most will actually just let u out of it if you find a qualified tenant to take over..
I've done this twice... Put an ad on craigslist and shown the apartment myself..thwn they fill out an app with the,landlord...,as,an incentive u can let them have your deposit.. It's a little work but easier than what u r dealing with
Old 04-22-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That sounds like every weekend in my apartment for the last 2 months before I moved out. Any way you can kick him out?? I loved my place and regret leaving it to him every single day. I like where I am right now but it is not permanent, and I would give anything to kick his butt out.