this place saves me again and again

Old 04-21-2012, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

this place saves me again and again

Hi I"m in a hurry but really really want to thank everyone here

This is a huge, amazing library.

Together we all provide such a huge segment of the recovery trajectory, there are so many of us here posting and we're all at different points in the recovery line or trajectory or whatever you want to call it. It's such an amazing wealth of information.

Thank you to every one who posts. Thank you.

I know there are hundreds of silent readers who also do not post but do read--I've been doing that lately. It's taught me so much, instead of obsessing about my particilar situation, I marvel at the similarities, gain hope from folks who are further down the road than I am.

The longer I do recovery, the longer I see down the road to recovery. It's not a place, but way to walk.

SR is really giving my a life saving landline, each time I come here. Thank you.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Transformyself,

I dont post very often these days as I am just busy leading my life, with limited time to access the internet. I do still visit SR about three times a day, just to read and follow stories and spot the newcomers.

SR, Al-anon and therapy changed my life. My life is no longer in chaos. I no longer suffer from stress, anxiety or panic. I like myself a lot and I am an important person these days, no longer a wife or mother only - I am me.

My AH of 23yrs has been sober for 9 mths and shows me clearly and consistently, everyday that he 'gets it', works hard at being sober and wants to be a better person, husband and dad. We are very happy.

However, SR keeps me grounded. I know, through reading on SR, that relapse is a definite possibility in the future and I remind myself, through reading on SR, that I must continue to work on myself, that I am important and my own health and happiness must come first. My major boundary these days is that I will never again, live with an active alcoholic as I deserve better.

I will join you transformyself, by saying a big thank you to SR and all those who contribute and keep doing what you are doing ,to all those who are getting healthier and happier just by visiting SR and reading.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm so glad you are feeling stronger, transformie. You always have been strong, but somehow, that strength got shoved to the back burner for a while. You are in control of your destiny and always have been. We all are. You'll get yourself righted again and go on to live a life that YOU design, not something that you may have settled for.

Hang in there, girlie! We're all here rooting for you and ready to support you anytime you feel you need a little kick in the pants.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
The longer I do recovery, the longer I see down the road to recovery. It's not a place, but way to walk.
Wow. Absolutely LOVE that!

CLMI
Old 04-22-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

it is a huge library....!!
Old 04-22-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

LOL Suki I don't know that I'm doing better! But something has shifted. I come here, hysterical and hopeless. So that's not changed. But instead of blabbing about my issues, I've been reading, finding thread titles that explain my situation, read it and TA-DA! Answers abound.

That in and of itself is a probably a step in the right direction, but I"m still living with AH, still working up the courage to figure out how to hire a lawyer, still sleeping with my keys and cell phone. It's awful, but I"m getting closer to leaving--AGAIN...