Advice Please

Old 03-10-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Advice Please

A Facebook friend of mine posted a message the other day about spiritual principels and I added a comment agreeing. THEN, a different FB "friend" of mine posted under me: "Yes but you have to practice it." I was shocked to see this 2nd "friend" posting there since she is not a FB friend of my 1st friend who made the original post. Clearly this 2nd "friend" was watching what I was posting on her right-side scroll and jumped in to manipulate me. I was pissed because she's from Fellowship and I'm sick to death of this type of behavior from my own fellows.

I know, the FB page has to go. It is a breeding place for this.

Anyway, I sent her a message saying it wasn't acceptable. I really let her have it. So yes, I reacted. My bad! Not typical for me and I know I have to do better with that.

She called me a while ago to say she has no idea what I'm talking about and she'd like to talk about it.

Since my "M.O." is to never speak up for myself, never trust myself, and to people-please this behavior away, I get manipulated by people in Fellowship constantly. Clearly, for me the solution is somewhere in the middle. No reaction, no people-pleasing.

But for now, I don't know if I should call her back, or drop it here.

There is a small chance it wasn't meant the way I thought, but I do remember when I saw it my body and gut told me it was absolutely a manipulation, as did the circumstances I described in 1st paragraph here. As the days go on I'm not so sure. it gets murky. I just don't want to make a mistake and hurt her and wonder if I should try to work it out with her or just drop it here.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Who knows, it might simply be a misunderstanding.

And, what's Fellowship?
Old 03-11-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Some people play this crap, i always called it nasty-nice, the people at my church were the absolute worst, smiling, postulating on christian principles then side swiping you with some comment that your left wondering was that an insult or an innocuous comment.

If you send her a message "why did you add this to my post" she will of course "pooh-pooh" this as you over-reacting.

We were having this same type of conversation the other day on the ACOA thread about mothers and mothers-in-laws with their daughters.

Bottom line trust your instincts, if you think you are being slighted then you probably are.

Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself, you desereve to be treated well until you have done something to change that.

Hope this all works out for you.

Bill