my sisters drinking problem

Old 03-11-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

my sisters drinking problem

I dont normally post in this part of the forum , but am worried about something my sister said today about her drinking
she said that she had stopped drinking spirits because they made her violent but now she is drinking cider instead
to me that sound like she had a problem with drink.
I said something about it too her and she was like no i don't mean violent i mean i argue with my bf more
But in the past i have seen how violent she gets with drink and she really isnt a nice person with a drink in her , she has beaten people up before when she has been drunk
Unsure what i should do about this if there anything at all.
In the past i had been worried about her drinking as she was at one point drinking every night ...i don't think she sees it as a problem
Thanks
Old 03-11-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to this side of the Recovery forum.

We have a slogan that helps in these situations, the Three C's of your loved one's addiction:

You did not Cause it
You can not Control it
You will not Cure it

The problem with alcohol belongs to the other adult in the relationship. It is theirs to fix, cure, control or not.

It seems she is aware of a problem when drinking spirits, and now she thinks that switching to cider will lessen the effects of alcohol. Hopefully, she will soon see the error of that thinking (alcohol is alcohol to the addicted body).

On this side of the addiction, I recommend learning effective ways to detach from her addictive behaviors.

Please make yourself at home by spending time reading in the stickies at the top of this forum page. Also, feel free to ask questions.