lame

Old 03-01-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lame

I posted on my blog today. It just hasn't been going very well lately in my life. My mother was hospitalized this week due to her emphesema and was in critical care. She gets to come home tomorrow yay! Even though she drives me crazy I don't know what I would do without her. My AH was sober with the kids I guess while I went and visited her in the evenings. He knows I am so sick of his drinking and behaviors...Meanwhile, my jaw is so sore and it started about a month ago when I went to. Urgent care thinking I had an earache and it is my jaw! Clicking when I chew because of grinding my teeth at night. I now realize I'm doing it all day even as I type this...I m just way too stressed
Old 03-01-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TCB5568 View Post
..Meanwhile, my jaw is so sore and it started about a month ago when I went to. Urgent care thinking I had an earache and it is my jaw! Clicking when I chew because of grinding my teeth at night. I now realize I'm doing it all day even as I type this...I m just way too stressed
For me this sounds like my signs and symptoms of TMJ (Temporal Mandibular Jaw).

At my most stressed it wiped me out on a regular basis.

With a mouthgard, therapy and body work I have not had a flare up (twinges but nothing significant) in over three years.

It is not easy, but when I learned that it was my body's way of saying I had too much to juggle it helped.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I also suffer with this. Have done for about 6 years.
I got a mouthguard from the dentist too and have worn it for that long , it certainly helps with the teeth grinding at night.
I notice it flares up at these typically stressed occasions with RAH, but also randomly(but maybe i am stressed at these moments and thats my bodies way of telling me).
When I was doing regular meditation and or self hypnosis about 5 years ago it improved also.
So I think I should go and do a bit more of that self help again.
Thanks for reminding me
Wow, you see why this site is so great, for 6 years I thought there was something wrong with my face, nerve ends etc. and doctors felt that they didnt really know either.
And I have just found out that other people have it and it is stress and not me going mad.
Thank you for that!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm a clencher, not a grinder. I can feel it in my ears when I get tensed up. I find that forcing myself to breathe through my mouth for a while helps. It is not a natural thing for me to do (breathe through my mouth) so maybe even forcing myself to do so gives my brain something else to concentrate on other than whatever is causing the tension.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh yay for those that clench! I finally realized what it was when I thought I had double ear infections also.

It is really common I can't remember the percentages, but really common among woman of a certain age. I think I have struggled with it since I was a teen but I was in my late 20s before someone actually told me what it was.

It is so great to not feel so alone....even if I certainly don't want anyone feeling that kind of pain.