left the family

Old 12-18-2003, 11:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

left the family

well my a was in rehab for 45 days came home for two weeks and was a MISERABLE A HOLE well low and behold he packed up his stuff and moved out telling me that he needs his space and he thinks i am all the problem he drinks as much as he did becasue of me BLAHBLAH BLAH well things have been good taking care of me and kids not calling him at all didnt talk for 4 days and sure enough he calls yesterday and wants to come home i said i m on my way out call later, well he found out from a family memeber that when he walked out on us i was sooooo mad i said in a fit of anger i hope he buys a bottle of vodka and a 8 ball of coke and finish himself off well he just called and was a physco HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT I would never come home now so i tld himn he didnt have the option it was up to me so needless to say he hung up shut off his cell phone and is handling his reponsibilty like he always does shutting off the world......I feel so calm now but I know as soon as the phone rings the emotions run wild i need to be calm and not get angry that gets him even more angry thanks for letiing me vent guys.............................................. ......merry xmas to all....
Old 12-18-2003, 11:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gotta love those big mouthed family members.

Maybe the trick to not getting mad at him on the phone is to not talk to him on the phone for awhile?

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 12-18-2003, 04:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Amen Smoke!
Old 12-19-2003, 08:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Caller ID is a wonderful thing

and if you don't have that...unplug that sucker until you need to make a call. Whether you said that or not...your words cannot and should not press him in to action..and as with any druggy or alcoholic...they will act when and if they choose to and how they choose to. Quick story: When my now ex husband turned 63 he woke me up in the middle of the night..2:30 or so...asked me to do something...I said no...He asked if I was ever gonna do that certain something (let your minds run wild with this one)...I said that I didn't know about EVER...but tonight was not the night. He says...then I don't want to be married anymore... Now first of all I am not a nice person when I first wake up..he knew this after 18 years..So it should have not been much of a surprise to him that I got up .. opened the front door and threw his pillow out on the lawn. Well...anyways..After three days, he decided that "THAT" wasn't all that important and he had made a mistake...I told him "Yeah ya did...thinking that I am gonna cave after you walked". Three months later the divorce was final..and I have never looked back. I just figured that if that was all it could take to make him walk...anything could do it a second time...I deserved better that to have to walk on egg shells and wait for "Next time".
And addict will lie, blame,con...steal, lie, blame and con some more to make what they are doing seem normal and real. Stand tall my dear. Remember..we are here for you.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

So now he is "Mr Sensitive"

I am sure his converstions with you have all been calm and compassionate.

Sorry...I wouldn't bite!
JT