vacation over

Old 02-13-2012, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

vacation over

The kids and I had a great time on our mini vacation. We left the hotel and went to my mom's to visit a while while AH went home since he worked at 5 a.m. When we got home, he had made our spaghetti sauce and then passed out at 4 p.m. I know he had been drinking some... I am sure he was tired but come on. He told me to lay down and rest but I should have known that wasn't possible. My 8 yr. Old says the baby needs her diaper changed and I don't hear AH getting up to change it and I go out to the living room and he's falling asleep with a bag of chips...and all 3 kids.. so much for me getting a nap. I told him thanks..never trust u again...he gets up and goes to our daughter's bed and goes to sleep all night. He got up while we were eating dinner and went to bathroom but barely even acknowledged us and went back to bed. Well my almost 2 yr old took a late nap and woke up at 8..so she was up after the other kids went to bed and I'm exhausted...he got up at midnight and said he was sorry and I wouldn't accept that and went to bed w ithout him of course. He text me this a.m. from work and said he really didn't drink that much yesterday and was truely just tired. He must think I'm stupid! He asked if he could make it up to me today. He just doesn't get it. He's been drunk 6 out of 7 days this week and he can't make up for all the things he has said and did all week...it's a frickin joke. Anyway thanks for letting me vent here...
Old 02-13-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

AH did not want to give our 6 yr old sweet girl 75 cents for the claw game its heartbreaking and I made him give it to her..he's such an ***
Old 02-13-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So very much stress for you. I'm sorry. I know it is so painful.

Is he ever allowed to drive while the children are in the car with him?

Their safety worries me the most.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Prayers and positive thoughts for you today, TCB.

Hang in there; find your happy place where you can enjoy life everyday regardless of what he is doing (or not doing). Your kids need you to be that person.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sending hugs, TCB. I remember days (and days and days) that went pretty much word-for-word like that. It's incredibly tiring.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Vent away, sister. I don't have kids or a husband (my A is an ABF I don't live with) or much to offer in the way of advice, but I do have a hug.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks all...of course AH passed out at 7 tonight leaving me with all 3 kids again. I might as well be a single parent. It would be better than the kids having a part time father living with them and my son says that we fight all the time...poor kid..I've toned it down around here especially learning about my own reactions at AL-Anon and the way it affects the kids. Don't know how much longer I can live this way.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i really disliked my drunk or hungover xABF sleeping at all hours of the day...i found it set a depressed mood in the house, plus i had to tiptoe around so as not to wake him.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi TCB! I'm sorry to hear about your days lately. It sure doesn't sound like anything is going to change with him. Vent away here all you want!

I hope that you can continue to find the support you need through here, Al-Anon, or individual therapy for you and the children. Things can get better!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm praying for you that today will be a better day, hang in there we're here for you.