WOW, just WOW

Old 12-07-2011, 09:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

have you considered leaving sooner than May and maybe staying with your family in the interim? it might be less stressful and act as a buffer from the Dragon Lady.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

1. No guilt. That's my rule. Catch yourself feeling it, ask no questions whether or not you should feel guilty because the answer is ALWAYS "No," and stomp it out. REFUSE to feel the guilt. It keeps you on the rollercoaster. Step off.

2. HIS mother's relationship between HER and HIS child, is HIS responsibility, NOT YOURs.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
have you considered leaving sooner than May and maybe staying with your family in the interim? it might be less stressful and act as a buffer from the Dragon Lady.
Not only that, but May is months away. Have you told him you are leaving? If you have some "good moments" between now and May would that change your mind?
Old 12-07-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks L2L. I have always been a person who doesn't like to cause waves and will do things to make situations and others happier. YES - CODEPENDENT I KNOW! LOL. But after having a child, my view on life has began to change some. I am a fairly intelligent person with some higher education and also have the ability to recognize my own shortcomings.

With the help of people's words and experiences on this forum, I am truly beginning to rediscover myself and to recognize I AM IMPORTANT TO ME AND MY SON. What others think about me doesn't matter. Also, I don't have to accept sub-par relationships. It is a work in progress, Me and My Feelings, but I am consciously thinking and trying to apply strategies to my life to help me accept what is going to make me happy. I am worth it.

Fandy, I could go stay with my mom, but she is OCD in some areas that drive me JUST as crazy. I will continue to save and plan and cope the best I can until I am ready to just move on with my life. My ABF's dad (who I like ALOT) may come stay and help us with the kiddo for a few months and that would take some pressure off me. He really supports whatever decision I make and recognizes his son's addiction. He also helps with the kiddo, cooks and helps clean and is generally a really helpful kind of guy and nice to boot! I am kind of looking forward to him coming to stay for a bit. At least I feel like I have 'company' when he is around. LOL!