Thanksgiving Redux - Giving Thanks For All My Blessings

Old 12-03-2011, 04:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Thanksgiving Redux - Giving Thanks For All My Blessings

Just sitting here waiting for my second Thanksgiving dinner to finish cooking. I made baked chicken (I like it better than turkey), sweet potato casserole with pecan pie topping, mashed potatoes with sour cream and chives, green beans, sausage cornbread stuffing, and cranberry sauce.

My sister cooked dinner on Thanksgiving day, and today I'm cooking a dinner for my little girl (who is now 25 years old--can you believe it?) and me. A special dinner for two, just me and my best friend. And, of course, my five(!) dogs will also enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Just sitting here tonight counting my blessings and giving thanks for all the blessings I have received and the quiet, peaceful life I now enjoy. Also sitting here reading the forum and praying that each person who is suffering the effects of someone else's drinking will find their own path to peace and freedom and make choices that will lead them to a better life.

I'm so enjoying my life on the other side of the bridge and cheering on those of you who have yet to take the leap of faith to freedom. The leap is not as big as you fear and the landing is soft and easy.

Wishing peace tonight for all those with heavy hearts. Night all.