Let's have a gratitude thread

Old 11-01-2011, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Let's have a gratitude thread

Yesterday, I was feeling down on myself, confused, frustrated and alone. I took 30 minutes out of my day to walk over to the basilica near my office, and gave myself the gift of prayer and gratitude, to remind me of what I have and how far I have come. Don't get me wrong, I'm not even baptized but I found that the basilica was a quiet place to escape the frenzy of my workplace and pray to HP.

I thought that today, we could all use a bit of gratitude and positivity.

Here's my gratitude on this 1st day of November:
  • I am grateful for the SR family, that continues to educate me, support me and make me laugh, long after I have left behind the alcoholic in my life.
  • I am grateful for my healthy, joyful albeit cranky 3 year old daughter, and for everything she has taught me about myself.
  • I am grateful for my parents' presence and support in my life; without them, I would be in a very different place.
  • I am grateful for my solid job, which allows me to support my daughter 100% and save up/pay debts, go to the gym and be in contact with good people every day.
  • I am grateful to be in graduate school and for the opportunity to study and eventually redirect my career.
  • Finally, I am grateful for heart-wrenchingly beautiful dance that is Argentine tango, which gives me the opportunity to express myself physically and artistically on a regular basis.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Great Idea - I posted a thread in the other F & F Forum!!

November is always my 30 days of gratitude! When it gets to a certain day - I'll get to share why!

But for today, I state again I'm so very grateful for my relationship with my Higher Power - the God of my understanding - He is my bestest friend ever!!! And I truly believe He is totally ok with me calling HIM that!

Thanks for starting this thread here - I love reading about gratitude! Makes my day even more PINKtastic!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 11-01-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Skipper

I am grateful, so grateful to my HP who guides me every day.

I am grateful for fellowship of people who understand, like here at SR.

I am grateful for my smart, creative, funny and healthy son, who amazes me every day.

I am grateful for my new perspective on life.

I am grateful for my school who has helped me develop my skills and be accepted into my new program!!!

I am grateful for my work, who is sponsoring me in a development program that lets me do something on my bucket list: swim with beluga whales!!

I am grateful for my messy house that keeps us sheltered and warm.

I am grateful for my old car that gets us from Point A to Point B.

I am grateful for limitless message spaces on a support forum board so I can list my infinite number of gratitudes.

I am grateful.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Rita - I think my daughter belongs to you. She is also a pink-fanatic...you should see her pink room with zebra accents! ; )

I am grateful today for all the usual things as I am every day - health, employment, great kids, opportunity...

But today, I am especially grateful for the last year of my life. It has been a horrible year in so many ways, but instead of focusing on the horror's, I have learned and developed the tools to maintain a positive attitude and strong sense of self. I have learned to forgive myself for my mistakes, and learned to also forgive others, finding the serenity in living in today instead of wallowing in the past.

I've learned patience and tolerance like I have never had before, as well as acceptance for situations I would have abhorred in the past (not to confuse acceptance with approval!)

I've learned I can only do the best I can do, and for some, that is not enough. Those are the people I need to avoid. For the others who find me - well - "okay"...these are the people I need to cherish.

I've learned the power of prayer, and the amazing experience of being open to life's "nudges" in the right direction! Listening to my own intuition instead of constantly doubting and ignoring myself and the universe's "nudges".

I have shared my feelings and my inner self honestly and openly and received lots of positive feedback! There are many, many people who find me a good person - that far outweighs the few who don't.

This month I begin a new decade in my life, and I feel it will be off to a great start with a toolbox full of tools to maturely handle whatever life throws my way.

For this, I am grateful!

Cheers
~T