Good days, Bad days... and then days like today...

Old 10-19-2011, 08:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Is it possible for you and the kids to stay with your parents? a friend? Or tell him to get out and find a place to stay? CPS investigated him afterall... I'd imagine you'd have a legal leg to stand on to say that he needs to be out.

Is there any part of you that is still hoping (maybe even subconsciously) that he'll get it together and you can make it work?

I know that it was really really really hard to get to the point of having to have AH leave. I had no job, we couldn't and can't afford for him to be renting an apt, but that's what is happening and frankly the debt is worth the peace to the girls and I. I imagine it's stressful for your kids to have him there all the time too just like it is for you.

I'm sorry things are so rough. The anti-depressant idea might be a good one- you certainly have a lot on your plate. Hang in there... Sending warm thoughts your way.

oopps-- just read all the posts following your initial one. I just read your first and wanted to reply to you. I think your action plan about job/home buying etc.. all sound great...
Old 10-19-2011, 11:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Wow, GB!!! What progress. I love that you made the choice to let those icky feelings come....AND GO. I realize now how many times before recovery I just let bad feelings stay because I thought I had to wait for something to come along to change them.

You have given a perfect example of how we can acknowledge unwanted feelings, explore those feelings and talk about them, and then make a conscious effort to send those feelings away by making a healthy positive choice despite feeling down.

How quickly hope comes back in. How quickly confident and courage are restored. How quickly the sadness, hopelessness, and fear we all feel from time to time just ebbs back out like a wave. It's amazing.

We don't have to wait for good feelings to come to us. We can make a choice.

Love the recovery you're working!!

Alice
Old 10-19-2011, 11:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ItsmeAlice View Post
We don't have to wait for good feelings to come to us. We can make a choice.

You go, Shannon! Your life is waiting!