Need a hug today

Old 10-13-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need a hug today

Do you ever feel like some days you're exceedingly sensitive to everything, that you doubt everything you're doing and thinking, and that you have this feeling of "GAH" in the pit of your stomach?

That's me today.

I feel sucky, as a mom, as a student, and as a woman. My toddler is just.so.friggin.difficult, my studies are stealing away every ounce of free time I have, and I feel unpretty/needy. (insert more whinng and b*tching here).

Blearg. Maybe it's the dreary fall weather. I just need hugs.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, I have definitely had days like that. Where are you at with HALT?

Hugs!

:ghug3
Old 10-13-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day View Post
Do you ever feel like some days you're exceedingly sensitive to everything, that you doubt everything you're doing and thinking, and that you have this feeling of "GAH" in the pit of your stomach?
Yes. And I tend to beat myself up for feeling those things and feel like things won't ever improve on those days. Then I wake up the next day or a few days later and things are better... When I feel as blah as you (and man can I relate to the feeling sucky feeling and kids who are needy/whiny/making me mental lately!) I try to remind myself that sooner or later things will improve...

Sending you lots of love and hugs today...

Old 10-13-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending hugs from rainy New Jersey. Remember, this too shall pass.

Your friend,
Old 10-13-2011, 07:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))) ))))))
Old 10-13-2011, 07:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yuppers!! I was having one of those days this morning!!! I think it's normal... it's how we handle/respond to those feelings that really makes the difference. If I beat myself up, I make the situation worse. If I step back and take care of myself... the feelings pass and lives moves on.

Self-love/self-soothing are skills that I am focusing on right now in my recovery. I used to look for external validation of my self-worth - and it made me emotionally vulnerable. Being able to heal myself, by myself... has really had a profound change on my attitude

So anyways... here's some flowers...

and a hug!!! :ghug3

Hang in there!!
Shannon
Old 10-13-2011, 07:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am going through a similar slump. HUGS.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

:ghug3

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.......and still do sometimes!

Hope you are feeling better soon!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think we have to experience some bad days, how else could we truly appreciate the good days? Some days simply are not fair. Sending warm thoughts your way, it will get better...........
Old 10-13-2011, 07:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am feeling myself going there today already this morning, and trying to drag myself out of it.
And yesterday, I was "ok". Today, eh, not so much.

Sue
Old 10-13-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I know where you are coming from, battling depression for so many years some days I just got up did what I had to do and went back to bed.

I am sending hugs your way and I have big old arms, so just picture me wrapping you up like a bear in a big warm brotherly embrace.

I also want you to know you are beautiful, how do I know, because you are a mom who is doing your best, and moms who do their best everyday are angels on earth, and angels are beautiful.

What used to help me through the really bad times, I would go to a local catholic shrine to the virgin Mary, and as I'm not a catholic or even a christian (but I do believe in God) I would just sit and take in the beauty, I would talk to Mary and then I would announce everything that was getting me down and light a candle for the elimination of all those negative thoughts, it always helped, it was like I was burning up those negative thoughts.

All the best to you, you are always welcome to come and vent, and if you need another hug I have plent, and they're free.

Bill
Old 10-13-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

Hugs.

Try writing a gratitude list and put it where you'll read it.

Stop being so hard on yourself. Smile!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hugs:ghug3
Old 10-13-2011, 08:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It's a full moon...and yes I do believe it plays a big part in our moods, as it has the power to effect our monthly cycles! I feel it in myself and can see it clearly in my teenage daughters.

So big hugs today, and hang in there. Do something nice for yourself today, ok? For me yesterday, it was chocolate. Today, its working from home in my comfy pants!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Programmaddict

Feelings aren't facts but I can be grateful for the fact that I can feel. I remember a time when I couldn't.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Big hugs from me and the pup. I have to agree with TuffGirl about the moon-I am a Cancer and therefore a moon child and know that the past few days have been strange for me - in spite of my wonderful mom being here visiting, I found myself in a funk about not being able to find a job and being hung up on the ex's new "online" girlfriend.....strange thinking on my part.

Even the dog was more barky and clingy than usual. The weather in my neck of the woods (cold and rainy) didn't help matters but today, the moon is no longer full, the sun is shining and I feel better about things.

No, I still don't have a job, but what I do have is a lot more important that-serenity, peace of mind, a wonderful, loving mother and a place to call home. That puts things in perspective for me.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You guys are so awesome. There's always so much love and support here; it's unbelievable. I sometimes feel closer to people on SR than I do to people IRL. Thank you thank you thank you.

Your responses and a lovely yoga class have brought me back to serenity.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

(((BIG Hugs))))

OT: This full moon is a Blood Moon, aka Hunter's Moon. It signals the end of the autumn harvest season and the beginning of the cold season. There is a change in the atmosphere.

Keep on keepin on!
Old 10-13-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
(((BIG Hugs))))

OT: This full moon is a Blood Moon, aka Hunter's Moon. It signals the end of the autumn harvest season and the beginning of the cold season. There is a change in the atmosphere.

Keep on keepin on!
Thanks Pelican for pointing that out - helps understand my overwhelming urge to make changes myself. And change feels unsettling.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Here's a 3000 mile virtual hug, it's equally autumnal, grey and a bit gloomy here also, but I chose to ignore it and got on with some drawing. I know it isn't always easy but keeping busy helps-especially if there is a creative reward!
wishing the best for you.