I want her to fight for me

Old 10-05-2011, 04:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
My two cents? If someone I had just met told me they wanted a girl who would fight for them, I'd flat out walk off.

Too bizzaro for me...
It is spelled bizarro
Old 10-05-2011, 04:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
Umm...yeah...so I wasn't the only one confused by what "fight for me" means? ; )

I just want a guy who is flippin sane at this point.
Me too, reminds me of the saying

The first time you buy a house you see how pretty the paint is and buy it. The second time you look to see if the basement has termites. It's the same with men. ~Lupe Velez

Old 10-05-2011, 04:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I only fight for my child. Adults can fight for themselves. I don't expect anyone to fight for me but be by my side in a healthy relationship.

You are a romantic guy I sense but terms like 'fight for' are a bit over the top with anyone IMHO.

Try 'lets do lunch!'.... works for me
Old 10-05-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
Me too, reminds me of the saying

The first time you buy a house you see how pretty the paint is and buy it. The second time you look to see if the basement has termites. It's the same with men. ~Lupe Velez

I LOVE this! LOL! :rotfxko
Old 10-05-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I reread the post and think this was a gal he was interested in and said these things to.

Again, if you are just getting to know someone, things slowly need to unfold. You can't force someone to be where you are or the person you want, esp if you just meet them. Get to know them first and vice versa. If a new guy said 'cut the crap with me' I'd be pretty insulted actually. Esp someone who doesn't really know me yet.

Maybe you are still in lots of pain from the ex. Maybe looking around and dating now is too soon. Just my perspective.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

This is what I think, lol...

He went out with a girl, said I want a girl to fight for me, the girl left, he went out to breakfast and thought about his ex. Called his ex in the morning and came across the same vague behavior that was always there, when the call ended, he didn't feel good about it. So he punished himself again by calling and leaving her a message which was never returned. Hence, the ex will not fight for him, and he thinks she doesn't think he's worth it.

I'm pretty much willing to bet my savings account on this translation.

Rorty,

I'm really sorry that you needed confirmation again from your ex to move on. Many of us do. I hope that this allows you to put that relationship to rest and something you can learn from.
To say that you guess she doesn't think you're worth it..... well, that's just a statement meant to make yourself feel worse. If that's the way it was then non of our past relationships obviously thought any of us were worth it.
And that's just not the case.

People are on different paths, it is not a reflection of your value or worth. You are obviously a caring guy and have a lot to offer, there are a ton of women who are looking for a guy just like you. Just like there are a ton of men who are looking for girls just like us who are just as caring.

But as a woman, I must ask, please do not tell a girl that you want her to fight for you again. I know that I will not be wasting any time with a guy to doesn't put forth the effort to pursue ME. I've just given to much of myself already without anything in return. Women want to be cherished, and pursued, and courted, we don't want to put on armor and jump on a horse carrying a sword. Nope we don't.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yes, not a great intro to anyone-'I need support'
There might be a bit of damp in my basement but I don't think I have termites.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:25 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I know I have to fight the occasional urge to go out and find someone new to make me "feel good" about myself again. But really, I am not dating material right now and I know this. It wouldn't be fair to inflict my pain and confusion and grief on anyone else until I am at a place to leave it all behind me.

Maybe this is a lesson to be learned that you, Rorty, aren't ready for someone new until you can work through the past relationship and leave it where it belongs. Nothing wrong with that at all. Having patience and believing in "things are just as they need to be right now" is difficult, but in all my years of living, I have found it to be so true, so true.