Been a while since I posted

Old 09-29-2011, 07:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chronsweet View Post

I keep HOPING he will come to his senses and just give up the booze, but in my head and my heart (now) I know this is not a reality.
I know how you feel. Five months into our separation, my AH of 16 years still hasn't come to his senses. He has chosen alcohol over his wife and four children. Sadly, I know this is unlikely to change. And so you start finding ways to move on.

Your alcoholic isn't likely to change, either. I'm glad you're making a plan to get you and your son out of there. It will be a far healthier life for you both, you'll see. And that felony drug conviction, that should help you out a great deal in the full custody department. Be strong, make your plans. You are doing the right thing for your son.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Wow...your story sounds almost identical to mine. I have been going through this for two years now and we recently got married bc for some reason I thought it would change things, well that's what he told me anyway. It hasn't...of course. Things are exactly the same if not worse. He's good for a week or two then goes on a drinking binge for a couple days. We also have an 11-month old.

Every time I beg him to stop he also tells me I'm controlling. He is also VERY mean and will say hurtful things to me when he's drinking. He has also made me feel like I am going crazy. It's so damaging to go through this with someone constantly. Of course there are days when he doesn't drink but those days I'm wondering will today be that day he decides to start his cycle all over again?

I hope you find a way to get away. I finally found this site and have found a lot of insight in other people's stories. There are so many similar stories out there I know it's not just me being controlling or crazy, he has a problem. I'm trying my hardest to keep away from him and not go back but it is hard. I hope you can find the strength to stay away for the sake of your son and yourself. I'm trying also.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Skipper

Delusions and hallucinations:

Yes, in our situation, these incidents occurred:

RABF accused me of all sorts of things I wouldn't have even considered. Once he swore he saw me *stalking* him when I was at home puking my guts out with a stomach bug. He wasn't sure how to get around that one.

He saw little dark people surrounding his bed in the middle of the night.

When he moved out at the height of his drinking behavior, he told my neighbor that I kicked him out and that I was mentally unstable and depressed. My neighbor is still cautious around me to this day. I can laugh about it, now, but I was sure worried about my community reputation there for a minute!

I'm in school too. During last semester is when I asked RABF if he was able to live in the house without drinking. What a distraction from my studies and goals for the family! He decided to go and be with his real love, Mr. Beam. Since then, he's moved to another state and is working on his recovery.

My son and I are doing great back 'home', and maybe one day our little family can be reuinted. I don't know. Maybe. But, we are fine TODAY, and that's what matters!

:day6