Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

September 16 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 09-16-2011, 05:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

September 16 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

A member speaks in a meeting: “I keep trying to get my point across to him but nothing I say seems to penetrate.”

Another member answers, “Perhaps when we can’t get our views across to the alcoholic, or anyone else, it is time to consider whether the point we are trying to make is really valid. Could it be that it isn’t right or reasonable or that our determination to ‘get the point across’ is being used at the wrong time? Are we making allowances for the other person’s right to a different point of view?”

TODAY’S REMINDER

Right and wrong are not always black and white. Before I take a positive stand, it would be wise first to make sure that it is reasonable, and then that I have taken into account all possible reasons against my “right” point of view. An open mind is a handy thing to have when once I become willing to Live and Let Live.

“Let me not force my own certainties on others. I could be wrong. A generous tolerance can smooth out many rough places in my day-to-day living.”
Old 09-16-2011, 06:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting the daily messages