Memorial day sucks....

Old 09-06-2011, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Memorial day sucks....

I am missing my XABF terribly today. Two years ago I met his family for the first time at a Memorial Day cookout at his parents, so of course all day yesterday that's all I could think about. How happy I was that day, how me and my daughter fit in well with his family. How they accepted us and by the days in I felt I belonged there.

Then theres the everyday things that I want to share with him. My daughter got her license, we had a fire at work, my TV got hit by lightning......I don't know if I just want SOMEONE to share these things with or if it really is him I want to share with.

Someone told me they went out drinking with him Friday. He was bragging that he went out Friday morning, got hammered, went home to take a nap and now was back at it. He said they drank 8 shots each and the X had about 10 beers, and that didn't include the drinks he had before our mutual friend met him.

That made me SOOOOO SAD. He RARELY drank anything other then beer when we were together. He's progressing fast, it seems like he's trying to kill himself. I just want to reach out to him and tell him I LOVE HIM. At least make him feel like someone gives a s*it about him. He's isolated himself from his family, all his "friends" use him to buy their drinks.

I just feel so lonely and so heartbroken that his life means so little to him. But I guess it's his choice. I don't think it would make a bit of difference to him if I did or didn't care about him.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oooops.....Labor Day....lol.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

womaninprogress, it sounds for you like it was indeed a memorial day --- a day to remember, appreciate, grieve.

I, too, "miss" my AH. But I do think I am actually missing not what was, but what I hoped might be.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are so right Soaring Spirits. Cause in reality, drunk or not, he really wasn't a great boyfriend. Thank you for reminding me