Muster It Up

Old 08-18-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Muster It Up

Well Monday I came home to my AH passed out on the couch. My son was watching TV and calmly said "Daddy's asleep." The next morning I told my AH, that I just couldn't do it anymore. Our child doesn't need to see that..and that I was afraid of what was going to happen. I've got a plan in place....let's just hope I muster up the strength to follow through with it. New home, new start to a new life with my boy. It's such a draining life to live with an AH. Anytime he gets mad, I feel like it's my fault. The past two months, I have been devloping anxiety issues. I'm taking vitamins and trying some additional "natural" aides. I just can't beleive I've let him do this to me. Why do they make us forget about ourselves? Oh well. Since I've been on this site, I've noticed MY story over and over and over again. I've also noticed some stories that aren't mine yet, but could be and I really don't want it to be. Thank you to all that are on here. I'm going to be checking in here everyday to remind myself that the changes I'm making are the best for my son and I. I appreciate everyone's insight and support. I hope I can help someone someday as well. I'm going to love life again.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovelifetga View Post
I'm going to be checking in here everyday to remind myself that the changes I'm making are the best for my son and I. I appreciate everyone's insight and support. I hope I can help someone someday as well. I'm going to love life again.
I think every time we post we may very well being helping someone else, even if it's sharing our own struggles as opposed to offering suggestions to others.

I think you are brave and wonderful for wanting better for your son and yourself, hon.

We are all here to support you in your decision!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I also read my story over and over until I realized that nothing was going to change unless I changed it. This site was a lifesaver to me.

Hugs to you.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I "saw" people on this site who had what I wanted ...
peace and serenity and the ability to handle what life throws at them on a daily basis.

I read their posts and did anything and everything that they suggested to me or others:
Alanon (I HATED the idea of HP - hated, hated, HATED)
Therapy
Read Codependent no more
Looked at my own actions
ect

When you really decide to change it can be done
Old 08-18-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's such a draining life to live with an AH. .
Yes, it makes you feel like someone is rubbing your soul out with an eraser more & more each day. You start to feel thin emotionally. That is a story we share, as well as many others I suspect. Thank you, reading posts that are close to home makes you feel not so alone. Hope things get better. Sometimes I can't wait till AW is passed out, at least I can get some peace. Good luck with your new life,I believe we all have the strength if we look deep enough.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow, the similarities. Sometimes I hope he passes out too....It is much more peaceful. Thanks again everyone....things are looking up!
Old 08-19-2011, 08:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OhBoy View Post
...it makes you feel like someone is rubbing your soul out with an eraser more & more each day. You start to feel thin emotionally.
Excellently said, OhBoy!
Old 08-19-2011, 08:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow, the similarities. Sometimes I hope he passes out too....It is much more peaceful. Thanks again everyone....things are looking up!
Have you guys been spying on my house?