I can't ever trust a man again

Old 07-25-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Cyranoak,

You say some interesting things! I hadn't looked at it this way before.

Maybe it does run in families? My AH is active, but he is also a good man, and his brothers, their sons, and his father are also a good (sober) men. (Doesn't mean I would want to be married to any of them though, LOL.)

My father was a good man, and his brothers were good men (including a long-time AA member).

Next time at bat, maybe we should meet the family early on?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:29 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Cyranoak that is why I added this note.

NOTE: this is just my experience, not saying woe is me nor "everyone else is the same". Nope. Just what I have seen and known.

Yes it runs in families... I mean, a sick person won't be able to teach his or her kids about healthy attitudes... and if a kid has a healthy male figure he will turn out to be a good man. This is my simplistic view of things.

Again... I need more examples of good men in my life. I am glad there are healthier families out there! Studying the close and extended family was a huge eye opener. I have a very deep rooted feeling that men won't meet you halfway. Need to "reprogram" this thought.

The fact my mom still trusts people that are not to be trusted is a wake- up call for me. I don't want to be 60 and still be surprised when someone else is who he has always been.

Thinking aloud here... I got a long journey ahead of me. I am starting to talk more often with the ones I feel care about me, but its a rocky road.