Needing to vent-

Old 07-10-2011, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Needing to vent-

Married 22 years-alcohlic for a husband-2 kids-17 & 20-I am miserable-He can't keep a job and it's always someone else's fault. Drunk this morning-falling down drunk, at 10:30. So sad. Horrible withdrawl 4/5 years ago-didn't know what it was. Witdrawl about a year and a half ago-lots of delusions-
Re-hab for 5 days-Didn't drink for a month, but began drinking for easter weekend when my daughter was home for break with a friend. Don't know how to leave, know I want to, money is the problem. I am stuck. I have a job, but at the moment he doesn't, want him to leave, but don't have the resources. We are living separate lives-he is seeing a therapist, she told him that if he was still drinking therapy wouldn't work, told him to quit going-lots of emotional problems-hate the man-no good feelings, only contention and regret-
Old 07-10-2011, 11:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry you are going through this. I have no great words of wisdom except to say read all the posts on here that you can. Everyone here is very helpful. I am married to a functional alcoholic and I also want to leave however my job is being eliminated the end of August so that kind of puts a damper on my plans. Good luck
Old 07-10-2011, 12:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum, Aerain! I reached my limit with my boyfriend and moved out a few months ago - but I had been squirreling away money for a year prior to that, just in case.

Is there an AlAnon meeting near you? I found the face to face contact truly helpful, even though it took awhile for me to find a good fit.

Please, read through the forum, especially the stickies. We've been where you are!

- Sylvie

Last edited by Sylvie66; 07-10-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: spelling, sheesh.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family!

Please make yourself at home by reading and posting as much as needed.

You are not alone.
Your situation is not hopeless.

Can I ask you a question?
Do you need to have all the answers by 8 p.m. tonight?

No? Good!

Someone at my Alanon group asked me that when I called crying. I was leaving my AH after being a stay-at-home-mom for 12 years. I worked two jobs and was trying to land a full time job in another city. I was overwhelmed with decisions. She listened while I cried and then asked me that same question.

She was right, I didn't arrive in that situation overnight and it was going to take longer than 24 hours to remove myself.

Here is a link of steps I followed to help me:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...l-problem.html

Let us know how we can help you
Old 07-11-2011, 06:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
TeM

I'm thinking that feeling "stuck" is part of the process a lot of us go through. I'm living with an alcoholic wife to whom I've been married for 30 years. We have tons of debt, and our 19-year-old daughter still lives with us.

I'd like to get out, but the prospect of going through the divorce, facing possible bankruptcy and leaving my daughter without a place to live is just too daunting for me to tackle now.

I admire those who take life by the horns and get out, but I don't feel ready yet, and life at home hasn't reached the unbearable stage... yet.

There are many here who can give you solid advice, and tell you what worked for them. I hope you find a way to be happy, and take care of yourself until your situation is resolved.

Best of luck.