Broke up with AGF

Old 07-18-2011, 08:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats to you for staying strong! When you are done, you're done. You don't have to go completely no contact if you don't want to--The rules of your life are yours to make.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome and good for you for making the decision that is best for you. She might not ever get sober/clean, I stayed around til the end and it wasn't pretty, don't do this to yourself, it might not ever change, there is a pattern here, she keeps sucking you back in and you go. you might begin to feel like a yo yo after awhile, that is what I felt like. how awful for you, you obviously loved this woman. I feel for you, set some boundaries and don't break them, ever, for any reason, that is the only way. she won't ever listen to reason, addicts don't understand anything except there own feelings at the time. she's sick and needs help, it is her decision whether or not she'll ever get any help, it's a big crapshoot and some people do get recovery, but only if they initiate it and do it for themselves. I've been there, done that. I wish you luck with being strong, being good to yourself and to make a permanent decision and don't look back, that always gets you!! be strong!! m