Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 2

Old 01-05-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Normies don't know they are normies.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:11 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Normies don't get angry when AH gets gifted yet more wine/liquor for *insert holiday here*

Normies don't get angry when their spouse's friends/family offer them a drink (again).

Normies don't show up to the door naked/scantily clad everyday at lunch when their h comes home thinking that daily sex (that borne initiates) will make him happy enough to stop his insane behavior.

Normies don't live in a state of hyper-vigilance in which they try to anticipate what's going to happen next so that they can have the right defense when they need it.

Normies don't have recurring nightmares that they are bashing their AH's head against the wall or ground while choking them.

Normies don't fantasize or try to find evidence that their AH is having an affair because it would be so much easier to leave then.

Normies don't apologize profusely feeling that the current binge is their fault because they said/did x.

Normies don't masturbate in secret and then cry right afterwards because they feel so unwanted and invisible and unloved.

Normies wouldn't put up with this crap.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

normies don't ice all their drinks in the winter as an excuse to open the freezer and check for hard liquor.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Normies do not end up posting on this site, they have the presense of mind and self esteem to walk away before they reach this point in their life. Obviously, a normie, I am not!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:21 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

A normie wouldn't know that if you've been binge drinking, and you're behind on laundry, yesterday's clothes make you smell like alcohol even if you've bathed. Normies don't try to find something "clean enough" by smell testing piled up clothes, late for the job he somehow still has.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

A normie does not find a picture of an ex boyfriend,with him holding a Jack Daniels bottle almost empty, and ends up crying as if the breakup had been the previous day and not four years ago.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewbieJ View Post
Normies don't masturbate in secret and then cry right afterwards because they feel so unwanted and invisible and unloved..
Wow..thought that was just me! - thanks for this one - T.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Normies don't have more bar/bartenders phone numbers saved in their phone then regular contacts, to make the nightly ritual of calling around to find their spouse easier.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Normies don't actually enjoy having off tasting ice in their water because STBXAW is gone & the ice lasts more than a few hours in the freezer & has that "freezer taste". Never thought I'd be grateful for nasty ice!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
Normies don't come home from work and find the house a complete wreck with the shower curtain laying on the floor and ask WTF is going on and AH says... *drumroll please* You did it!
I thought this only happened to me! LOL!

Normies don't get yelled at for not being there for the A during X, Y, or Z time of his life....nevermind we had not met yet.

Normies don't watch their A's animal die a horrible death because he only has enough money for booze and not the vet.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Normies don't know the destructive potential of vodka.

As a former "normie", I used to believe vodka was a girly drink, a soft kind of alcohol. But that was only because in my country (or maybe just in my circle of friends as my country also has an alcohol problem) we mix only 30mLs of vodka with soda and lemon, and sip (one would last me literally hours), rather than gulp from the bottle.

Sigh... ignorance is bliss.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Normies don't fantasize or try to find evidence that their AH is having an affair because it would be so much easier to leave then.
Laughed right out loud. I had friends whose husbands cheated and mine wouldn't--I wanted so badly for him to meet someone else, but his other loves were a bar and the other losers who were there every day.

Normies don't masturbate in secret and then cry right afterwards because they feel so unwanted and invisible and unloved.
...or do the same because they are constantly berated and mocked for not doing sex right/having climaxes during sex...only to find out post-divorce to one's amazement that in the real world, sex is supposed to last more than 75 seconds!
Old 01-12-2013, 11:05 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Normies don't know what it's like to watch your AH fall down in the driveway and take six minutes to be able to stand up again all you feel is thankful that it's dark and the neighbors can't see him.

Normies don't know what it's like to have to disinfect the whole yard with stuff from the hardware store because AH has spent the last 2 years peeing outside while drinking alone in the garage instead of coming in the house to use a toilet.

Normies don't know what it's like to have your AH finally go into rehab and you spend the whole first week sitting on the couch staring into space because you just don't know what to do all by yourself.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:37 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Normies don't stand there at a barbecue trying not to laugh while everyone else runs over to help your husband who drunkenly decided he could throw his 6'4", 240 pound body on the kids' Slip N Slide and cracked his ribs.

Normies don't stand there in the parking lot trying not to laugh when everyone else is gasping in horror because your husband just fell over the railing from an upstairs apartment (over the bar) and is hanging on to the railing with one hand and dangling over the building's garbage can section.

Normies don't, in general, secretly laugh when their husbands get injured.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:22 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Normies would cry if their husband was deploying for a year.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
A normie does not find a picture of an ex boyfriend,with him holding a Jack Daniels bottle almost empty, and ends up crying as if the breakup had been the previous day and not four years ago.
Mine left two years ago..but I still have attacks of not being able to stop the romantic memories. I finally got strict with myself on NC--told him not to contact me anymore a week before Xmas.

Well im glad to know im not the only one who gets so pathetic :p. Been too depressed and embarrased to talk about it here.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

A normie would never experience dozens of examples of alcoholic chaos from this thread...and still partly believe that if she'd just been a better person, or not provoked him, or handled it all better....he'd be different.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Normies don't know the feeling of being woken up by smoke alarms, running past AXW who's is passed out on the couch, going into kitchen and finding everything from the refridgerator out on the counter, and a pot filled with everything on Hi heat smoking on the oven, because she was hungry and couldn't decide what to eat, so she threw it all into 1 pot.

Plus having to buy all new groceries as well as a new pot, because it was easier than trying to scrub out the burnt mess thats still in the pot.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Normies don't have to call the local police and fire authorities because their A fell in a swamp on the way home from the pub and couldn't get pulled out of the mud on their own
Old 04-17-2013, 10:50 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Normies don't burst into tears of dread when the love of their lives say they want to marry them.

Normies don't have to tell the love of their lives "I'd love to marry you, after you've quit drinking for a year"...all the while knowing after 2 and a half years and investing SO much into the relationship, that it's more than likely never going to happen...