Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 2

Old 01-12-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

crickett, while I was having cancer surgery my xah who had been binging for weeks was telling the NORMIE neighbors back home that I didn't even have cancer! I wonder if they asked him where I was seeing I was gone for a week.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

normies dont look at double edged razor blades and know the "other" uses for them...
normies dont hear the sniffles and are disgusted by it
normies dont have to drive around in the middle of the night after they have gotten a call ,dreading what kind of state they will find the person on this night ....
Old 01-12-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Normies don't get a call from their A saying " I got a job" but really know that it means that they really just put in an application.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Normies don't have to come to the realization that it is more important to the alkie that they feel right than for ANYONE else to be happy. Their view of themselves and their position in the universe must rule!

They don't have to go upstairs and comfort frightened children because it was more important for their ex to give their mother a verbal beatdown in front of them and scare them half to death than to wait until they were out of earshot - or to even bother with any type of respect at all.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Normies think you can stop a fight by just refusing to participate.

Normies don't know that its no good locking yourself into your bedroom because they're drunk hubby can simply remove the doorknob with a screwdriver.

Normies don't spend the night at a hotel with their children because it feels safer.

Normies don't experience such trauma and simply feel hollow inside. Normies would still cry, rage....respond.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:07 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Normies don't get blamed for anything going wrong in their ex's life years after they left it.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyBetterWorld View Post
Normies don't get a call from their A saying " I got a job" but really know that it means that they really just put in an application.
Good one! - or read the on-line job opening.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Yeah.........I always thought maybe he just really wanted those jobs enough to convince himself that he had them......but now I know it's just alcoholic craziness.

THANKS, BUT NO THANKS! lol
Old 01-15-2012, 11:22 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

a normie would not be on the computer at 2 am because they could not sleep
Old 01-16-2012, 03:24 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Normies worry that something might be wrong when the phone rings in the middle of the night. They don't turn their ringers off.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Normies don't know the difference between "cocaine pupils" and "opiate pupils".
Old 01-21-2012, 05:05 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Normies don't cringe every time they hear the sound of a glass bottle touching a table (or a floor, or a closet, or a *you name it*)

Normies don't feel blessed they could enjoy having a mother for 2.5 months (longest she's ever stayed sober), they just have one.

Normies don't recognize a police officer's voice on the phone.

Normies aren't appalled that their mother got away without a charge for drunk driving because she has diplomatic plates on her car.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:09 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Normies don't keep an air mattress in the bedroom for when the A passes out in the middle of the bed, or pee's in it.

Normies don't celebrate when the A goes out of town on buisness.

Normies don't have to lock up thier jewlery in thier own house.

Normies don't watch thier kids all run out of the house to visit friends at a quarter to five.

Normies don't have to explain to thier kids that dad is an a55 because he's drunk again.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:20 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Normie children don't know what it's like to hear that their AD was passed out drunk while their mom was giving birth to them.

Normie children don't know how it feels to help their mom drive their AD to a motel 6 because he's drunk and stumbling in the hallway.

Normie children don't understand that it's a waste of breathe to tell their AD the truth because 99% of the time he's drunk and won't remember a word you said.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

I followed this thread for a while, and I thought I had nothing to add but now I do.

A normies first text from 12 year old daughter on her emergency phone would not be "Hey Dad I think Mom is drk". That is one text I didn't have to figure out what it meant in text language.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:33 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

And yet ...

[QUOTE=A heartwrenching and profound insight into the real tragedy of alcoholism ... the collateral damage.[/QUOTE]

And yet, a thread like this is SO important, not only for those caught in the line of fire, but for those of us responsible so we can understand the depths of the depair and the intensity of the damage we've caused to those who dared to put up with us ...
Old 01-28-2012, 12:20 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Ouch

[QUOTE=Normies don't have head-shaped holes in the wall, and they do look strangely at those who do.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to say, my husband does indeed have a head-shaped hole in the wall as I have fallen down every staircase in our home.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

This thread made me laugh, for the first time in a long while.

Normies don't know how it feels to have no doors inside of your house, because everytime you shut your AH out of a room, he just takes off the doors, permanently.

Normies don't know how it feels to go on a once in a lifetime out of the country vacation, only to hear your children ask " what is alcohol poisoning" and "is daddy going to die"
Old 02-10-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Normies don't spend the whole wedding reception with "radar up" watching the usual suspects to make sure that they don't:

1) fall on someones table
2) try to inappropriately dance or touch the12 year old niece or new daughter-in-law
3) start a fight with the other alcoholic uncle they have been feuding with since 1968
4) punch someone for giving them they eye
5) start screaming at (or beating) their wives

So for many of us, especially boys and men who were large enough to intervene, we rarely got enjoy ourselves.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

posted in wrong place