Wife quacks suicide...

Old 06-28-2011, 11:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Old 06-28-2011, 11:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
The one (Mimi) is very sweet but she drools, especially when being petted. Of course her way to deal with it is to shake her head and fling it everywhere.
My big black bad boy Bagheera kitty is the same way!
Old 06-28-2011, 12:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

And the saga continues. I'm on my way over to her apartment when I get a call from one of the crisis center folks. She wanted to know what was in the email and why I thought she wanted to commit suicide. Gave her the info plus the background on me moving out, working recovery and being NC, AW being an A and this note was different than the others. I told her I would email the actual email once I got to the apartment. So I'm taking care of some stuff and I find a separate note for my 13 yo grand daughter, very creepy. I include the contents of this note in the email as well. Later this afternoon I get a text from AW that she is being admitted to the hospital and would I bring her some stuff. I glad she's being admitted and I'm not bringing her stuff.

Thought I might need the hospital my self after trying to stuff two cats into their carriers. I actually had to dig chunks of claw out of my arm! Both daughters of coarse laugh when I'm describing this and then say all you have to do is pick them up with a towel and it's real easy. I think I might get some cool scars out of this though.

Your friend,
Old 06-28-2011, 03:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'm sure the scars are cool, but you better come up with a better story of how you got them!

Doin' good, keep it up! (Incidentally, my annoying cat is saliva-challenged as well, but she is more of a licker than a drooler. She is also fond of sticking her COLD WET (at least I know she's healthy) nose on any exposed body part, especially my hands, arms, feet and ankles when I am on the laptop.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well done Sir! Well done.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Awesome job! If you survived that, you can get through anything now.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Proud of you Mike, keep it up. You sound like you are doing just awesome. The vet tech in me wants to ask, has the cat always been a drooler? How's her teeth? (judging by your earlier post, her claws seem to be working just fine)
Old 06-28-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

WAY TO GO MIKE!!

Ok, first of all you're a Badass. Way to detach and let her deal with her own self made crisis! I remember that first time I was able to step away from AH and disengage this way. It's every bit a miracle as a drunk in recovery I say.

Still, don't be surprised if some unexpected "feelings," creep up later, when you've had time to decompress.

I find it fascinating that you've been able to detach from your AW, but still have to force not one but TWO cats into carriers. I'd be inclined to also to leave the felines to their higher power. You're a great guy.

Secondly, I also have a drooling cat. Who licks. And sticks his nose on me. Please, anyone, explain this to me? I do not understand Cat Behavior and this one especially is bizarre to me. That, and him sitting right in front of my face, oh at 4am, purring loudly with his eyes swirling round like he's totally tranced out. WTF is THAT?
Old 06-28-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
... And sticks his nose on me. Please, anyone, explain this to me? I do not understand Cat Behavior and this one especially is bizarre to me. That, and him sitting right in front of my face, oh at 4am, purring loudly with his eyes swirling round like he's totally tranced out. WTF is THAT?
He luuuuuuuvs you, doncha know? I've had _lots_ of cats that do that. Then they curl up into a ball and fall asleep on my chest. Oh and the eyes swirling round? He's dreaming with his eyes open, some cats do that.

[ thread hijack off ]

Mike
Old 06-28-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Thanks Mike
He's dreaming with his eyes open, some cats do that.
Some people do that too. We call it Spirit Walking. But I've not seen any drool whilst doing so...
end T/J
Old 06-28-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

((Mike))) - awesome recovery!!!

Oh, and to further hijack, after getting shredded trying to put cats into carriers, I learned to set the carrier on end (open side up), pick cat up by nape of neck and put them in feet first. No shredding, no scars, no almost needing to go to the hospital for stitches.

Just like my codie recovery, sure took a long time to figure THAT out! Funny thing is, they'll RUN to the carrier at the vets

You've handled things great...I'm glad she's admitted and that you are staying away.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-29-2011, 06:18 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

the cat likes to spread his scent on you through saliva....he is "marking you" as his territory....one of my cats likes to rub his gums on the edge of the laptop and the dog's crate.

always hold cat's back feet firmly in one hand, wrap your other arm around the body into the upended carrier...close the door fast or they shoot out like a rocket.

so the wife threatens suicide...then wants you to bring her clean clothes and a toothbrush?....glad you did not enable her...maybe she will think twice about creating more drama if she can't brush her hair or have clean underwear....it's ridicules that she keeps expecting you to drop everything and do the fetch and carry...

Wanna bet she asks for the cats back next week?????
Old 06-29-2011, 06:42 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Threatening suicide is a form of abuse. I think I read that in the Lundy book. As far as the bringing a brush and clothes- we know better- we do better. Progress over perfection. I think you are doing good.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:36 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Cats and crates - Yikes.

The vet showed me a wonderful trick

Cats automatically back up when they don't want something so put the cat in the crate butt first. Easy Peasy. They know something is up, so automatically back up with great force and resolve - right into the back of the crate, lol. I've never had a problem since.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Mike, you are doing great!

Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
Thought I might need the hospital my self after trying to stuff two cats into their carriers. I actually had to dig chunks of claw out of my arm! Both daughters of coarse laugh when I'm describing this and then say all you have to do is pick them up with a towel and it's real easy. I think I might get some cool scars out of this though.
You don't even need a towel.
Cats will always do exactly what they want to do, so all you have to do is convince them that they want to do what you want them to do.

Leave the carrier out in an out of the way place that's easily accessible to the cats. This way it's an everyday thing to see it. Leave a towel or sweatshirt inside so that it's comfortable to sleep in. Put a favorite toy inside, every once in awhile.
Throw an occasional cat treat into the carrier, sometimes a couple at a time, so that they get used to going in of their own free will. Sometimes let them see you throw it in, then shut the door once they go inside, and slide a few more cat treats through the slots while the cat is inside.
Then it's easy.

For me now, I just put the cat carrier on the bed and Peaches jumps right in, curls up happily, and starts to purr. If I don't start shutting the door right away, she actually pokes her head out again and starts meowing until I either start to close it, or pull out a toy to bribe her back out again.

She also loves going to the vet.
Probably has something to do with stopping at KFC on the way home each time.
Spoiled kitten.