Just Me & My Serenity

Old 06-18-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just Me & My Serenity

The old me would have been uncomfortable in my alone time. The new me is loving my freedom! My 17 yr old is out living her life, my 14 yr old is off with her Dad down south, the RAH is off doing God's know what at his own house and I really could care less, and I am alone in my new house. Sweet quiet alone time.

Spent yesterday staining my deck, and then staining all the wood trim in the house while watching what I wanted to watch on TV. Today took a 12 mile bike ride with an Al-Anon friend after a leisurely morning in the yard. Now I am torn - do I go to the grocery store or do I stay home and bake something instead? And that's all I am obsessing about! The old me would be obsessing about everything with the time on my hands- the new me isn't thinking beyond what to cook myself for dinner.

Life is good. For the first time in years, life is just plain old good and I am just plain old content with it all. Thank you, HP, SR, and Al-Anon for changing me. Today I am most grateful for this!

Happy Saturday, all!
~T
Old 06-18-2011, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How wonderful, it just lifts my spirits to hear when someone is doing well, so refreshing, and gives us all so much hope. thanks
Old 06-18-2011, 05:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Ain't life grand?
Old 06-18-2011, 06:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I LOVE having my own space.

Sounds very peaceful there.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good post! I'm glad to see that you are in a such good place. I spent today going to jiu-jitsu, swimming at the pool and watching kung fu Panda. You are right, life is good.

Just a little OT humor. You recently posted in a thread of mine how embarrassing it was for you to admit that you had married the equivalent of your father. Think about this. I am a 57 yo ex-Marine martial artist who has to admit he married his father also. I may never live that down!

Keep up the good work.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think a simple, unfettered life free of drama is the best for any of us.

And maybe you can appreciate the simpler things having gone through what you have.

Peace.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Skipper

Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post

Good post! I'm glad to see that you are in a such good place. I spent today going to jiu-jitsu, swimming at the pool and watching kung fu Panda. You are right, life is good.

Just a little OT humor. You recently posted in a thread of mine how embarrassing it was for you to admit that you had married the equivalent of your father. Think about this. I am a 57 yo ex-Marine martial artist who has to admit he married his father also. I may never live that down!

Keep up the good work.
:rotfxko

Now, that was funny.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Thanks YOU, Tuffie,
for being part of MY recovery!
Old 06-18-2011, 07:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I love my alone time. Ive always been a solitary creature with bouts of socializing. I loved this pot though...sounds like you've made a new BFF...yourself.

Mike...while I'm sure that was quite the shock for you, the way you phrased it did make me giggle. :rotfxko
Old 06-19-2011, 10:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaPinturaBella View Post
I love my alone time. Ive always been a solitary creature with bouts of socializing. I loved this pot though...sounds like you've made a new BFF...yourself.

Mike...while I'm sure that was quite the shock for you, the way you phrased it did make me giggle. :rotfxko
LOL, Mike! Good one!!

Bella, YES! That's it exactly! I found that I actually really enjoy my own company. And that being constantly obsessing or worrying about things not within my control to fix are such time wasters!
Old 06-19-2011, 10:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post

Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the laugh....that made my Sunday morning.:rotfxko

I'm coming to the realization that living alone and being alone are two different kettles of fish.

I'm liking the living alone part, doing my own thing without having the worry of what or who I can or can't control.

It goes beyond getting up when I want, watching whatever TV show I want - it's a feeling of contentment that is slowly settling in with me, that I'm beginning to like ME as a roommate. While I have school and Al-Anon, I like my solitary time - I look forward to coming home to my dog and the two of us just hanging out together, doing things that we want to do and not feeling giulty about it.

I still miss the EX. I won't lie about that part. In fact, I can say that I do love him, that won't change. But, as each day passes I realize that loving him and living with him the way things are isn't an option.

Each day is a journey for me.....progress, not perfection.