View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 10:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Linkmeister

Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post

Good post! I'm glad to see that you are in a such good place. I spent today going to jiu-jitsu, swimming at the pool and watching kung fu Panda. You are right, life is good.

Just a little OT humor. You recently posted in a thread of mine how embarrassing it was for you to admit that you had married the equivalent of your father. Think about this. I am a 57 yo ex-Marine martial artist who has to admit he married his father also. I may never live that down!

Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the laugh....that made my Sunday morning.:rotfxko

I'm coming to the realization that living alone and being alone are two different kettles of fish.

I'm liking the living alone part, doing my own thing without having the worry of what or who I can or can't control.

It goes beyond getting up when I want, watching whatever TV show I want - it's a feeling of contentment that is slowly settling in with me, that I'm beginning to like ME as a roommate. While I have school and Al-Anon, I like my solitary time - I look forward to coming home to my dog and the two of us just hanging out together, doing things that we want to do and not feeling giulty about it.

I still miss the EX. I won't lie about that part. In fact, I can say that I do love him, that won't change. But, as each day passes I realize that loving him and living with him the way things are isn't an option.

Each day is a journey for me.....progress, not perfection.