Do they ever stop QUACKING....

Old 06-11-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do they ever stop QUACKING....

Seriously, don't they get tired of quacking. He just left for work and woke up late, of course he tries to blame me cause I was home and did not wake him. Then he is quacking about how I have made his life a miserable hell and he is not happy. QUACK QUACK QUACK....

I try not to even engage him at all anymore and I think that is why he is QUACKING even louder now than he has in the past. It is like you are damn if you and damn if you don't.

I just keep thinking, this is going to be over soon and try to keep focusing on my future. A new place to live QUACK FREE!!!

Old 06-11-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

nope, they never stop...and same goes for the blaming....
Old 06-11-2011, 05:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is just so ridiculous and now that I am not focusing on him anymore I guess I am seeing it more clearly. Since I do not get sucked in by trying to explain myself or argue back anymore, he seems to have turned it up. SO now there is more yelling and complaining than ever before. Go figure!
Old 06-11-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

No, it is never ending, I think that they like to hear themselves talk and if he is like my exabf, his blabbering was like a continuos loop, over and over the same nonsense.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

dolly - Exactly it is the same loop over and over and over. It is like listening to a 5 year old having a meltdown nightly. I realize it is all a reaction to me moving forward and him still thinking I would change my mind and not getting his way. Doesn't make it an easier to deal with though.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Apparently, not until they've been in recovery. Well, any of us, I suppose, being guilty of quite a bit of quacking on my own!

Today it was that he "didn't have time" in the last 3 weeks to clean out the coops. He works 25 hours a week. Cleaning the coops takes 10 minutes. Minor tug to do it myself (biking 2.5 miles each way) - for the sake of those poor chickens. But no.

On top of the 'you told me to call you' to explain the call at midnight. And 'surely you'd want to know' about the missing debit card. Nope, not at midnight, I don't.

- Sylvie
Old 06-11-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am dreading returning to the "Quakery" on Monday. I've been 100% Quack Free for a month! It's nice.

And no, I don't believe they ever stop quacking. It's what they do.

We just have to tune it out and try not to let it bother us. It's hard, I know.

Can you get a cheap place for 6 months? I mean real cheap. Look on craigslist and see if there are any rooms to rent. This might get you out of sight and out of mind.

Be strong.