First time here, long time problem.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm packed up and ready to go tomorrow morning. AW is going to be out of the apartment because this is going to be to much for her, but thats ok, it will make things easier for me and my son-in-law.

Y'all will probably get a laff out of this. Last night when I got home from work I asked how rehab went that day. Se told me it was great and then handed me the hand out they got on dealing with anger. She said it was for me because I had anger issues with her and she didn't need it as she didn't have any anger issues. I just smiled and took the hand out.

I think I made a mistake when I said something about her and recovery. She is going to rehab but she is not in recovery.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

QUACK! Good luck with the move, this is the first day of your healthy life!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You deserve the time and space to recover, too, Mike. You will be surprised at how much better you feel in just a few days. Congratulations on taking care of yourself after all this time.

Welcome to SR -- we are happy to support you.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:23 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome, Mike. You have come to the right forum for support. I want to commend you on realizing that distancing yourself from your AW will bring you some peace and for setting that boundary. It's so hard to find peace when we are constantly drug into their drama and manipulation. I've also been with my AH for over 30 years, and I have separated from him in the same house. I cannot tell you how much peace, calm, and perspective I've gained from just doing that. It's easier to see through the manipulation these days, and I'm learning that it's important that I be happy too. It was a difficult decision and more lie ahead for me. Life is short so we have to take care of ourselves and find our own peace and serenity. Our alcoholics are looking for recovery in a bottle so it's a good thing we've wised up and decided to find our own recovery. Enjoy your new found peace and freedom and don't let her make you feel guilty for taking of you.