He's missing

Old 04-17-2011, 07:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'll have to see if there's anyone I can report it too, but at the same time, he would know it was me, and the rampage that would come afterward may not be worth it. KWIM? I do know he's already avoiding the victim's panel and the addiction counselor he's supposed to go to as terms of his probation, so he's probably already dug himself quite a hole there.

He's still sleeping, must be nice to get to completely ignore your family and regular life all day, after getting s*** faced the day before.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
I am kind of shocked by the suggestions to not make a phone call.
I didn't understand that he got into the vehicle intoxicated. I thought she was just operating on a speculation that because he was in a vehicle, he might get drunk, and he might drive. I don't think we call the police because someone we know who is alcoholic gets in a car. That was my take.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well, seeing as how I woke up to over a dozen cans laying around the house, I will make the assumption that he was drunk when he left. How many sober people do you know that stay up to all hours of the night, and leave because they "want to road trip to Denver"?

I am going to go talk to someone today, just to figure out what to do.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

With all due respect, pixilation, your original post said nothing about a dozen cans laying around or a trip to Denver. You didn't even say he was drunk, you said you assumed it was another drunken rampage and went back to bed. We're on your side here, but we only know what you tell us.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I stand corrected.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It is pretty sad when you start hoping they get jail time, just to teach then a lesson. Sometimes you have nowhere to turn except to the people that are there to love and support you through this time.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Sorry, you're right, I didn't say anything about the beer cans the first time. I guess I just "assumed", which was wrong.

I did catch a sheriff in town, they said next time if I'm awake, etc to call, but that now that's in the past, there's nothing that they can do.

I did find out some more, last night he "came clean" and said he "woke up" in SD on Sunday morning. where he was is over 90 minutes away. Says he doesn't remember waking my son up(came out that he woke him up at 2:30, talking about Denver and looking for his phone) or waking me up. I am very creeped out by the whole situation, if he's going into black outs, what's next?
Old 04-19-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

whats next

i would assume your son is of adult age... otherwise why is he beeing driven around by a drunk in a blackout
my bad you didnt say he was driving with him thank god
Old 04-19-2011, 06:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I am very creeped out by the whole situation, if he's going into black outs, what's next?
I'm guessing a lot more black outs... My AH relays stories about not remembering things at all and then when he was asked point blank if he has ever blacked out he says no. I bet your H thinks it was just an episode and a fluke and doesn't and won't see it as serious either. And from someone who tried stupidly to explain to my AH how serious blacking out is, I would suggest that you not waste your breath or mental energy thinking about it (to the extent possible).

Let police know for the safety of others if it's happening again and you're around (him driving is what I am referring to)... Other than that there's not a lot you can do... Sorry... Thinking of you.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:59 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Mine is doing the same thing right now, going missing, I have no evidence that he is driving drunk, but I am pretty sure he's not taking his psychiatric meds properly. I told his parents about it and they can handle it if they want to, but I can't even get involved in the drama anymore. This is either going to end with him getting picked up by cops, committing suicide, or back in rehab. I am hoping it's back in rehab but I am so done that I am not researching rehabs anymore or driving him there or anything. I spent a week calling rehabs before and taking a 24 hour round trip drive to Minnesota, and multiple plane trips there and with two small kids, I just can't do it again. Is this bad of me to just not want to help anymore? I figure he can go to the Salvation Army or something if he wants it bad enough.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I don't want to help anymore either, and he's progressing in the disease faster than I could have imagined. I'm just going to continue to work on me, and the kids, and let him dig himself deeper and deeper.

His parents don't care, which is sad because I know MIL is an ACOA(she thinks antabuse is the solution) and I think FIL is too, plus both have siblings who have been A's or are RA's, so they've seen all this stuff.

Ah is supposed to have an appt. with his psych today, and did tell him to make sure to tell her about the blackout. Whether he will or not is up to him.