Happy little moment that I wanted to share...

Old 03-22-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy little moment that I wanted to share...

So as you all know, things are quiet and tense at home as I work on my exit plan. I have been working overtime on my compassion for the kids... Especially the 3 yr old, he's been sad lately.

So tonight... Ah is off to play a lacrosse game and kids and I were left for a fun night. We played and laughed... It was fun. Bedtime came and 3yo got sad, he didn't want to be alone. They love to be together so I said, "okay! Slumber party in the guest room!". We did our prayers, hugs and kisses and back downstairs I went.

So here I am sipping my tea, watching a little tv... And Listening to the sounds of my little ones chattering away and giggling their little heads off!! It's late and usually I'd tell them to knock it off or back to their own beds... But not tonight. They both needed a chance to be kids and laugh. I'm so blessed at how well they get along!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! Little gigglers are awesome.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I really love happy posts!

Especially nice to read that we are not always miserable here...many of us actually have pretty nice lives and feel blessed even though we've dealt with some pretty ugly stuff. There is happiness, peace and serenity in the midst of alcoholism.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My son said something the other day that lightened my mood, and made me remember innocence in it truest form...

He wanted to bird watch, and he had his "bernoculas".

I was whistling, trying to get the birds to come, and he said,

"No, mama...You dont speak bird. you might be telling them to stay away, and you dont even know it! Its best not to try speaking bird unless you are sure how to do it..."

He was right, of course, LOL... it made me laugh, and I want more of THAT. I want more giggling and more joy!

It reminds me that we would not have had that moment if A was there, looming in his self pity, casting a cloud over everything.

YAY! little ones are the best!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Getting By... It's really too bad we don't live in the same area-- we could have our kids play together! I have a 3 yo too and she and I and my 5 yo have been sleeping together for the past few nights-- I know I probably shouldn't encourage it but I don't have a problem with it and the girls are loving it and right now the simple things are what it's all about...

Thanks for the positive post!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Thanks for sharing!

Nice to read happy stories.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Wonderful .. thanks for sharing!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I love it. Little gigglers and the way certain words are said are the best! My little nephew was telling me about the special spicy roll he had at a friend's house, and said it had gell-a-pen-o cheese in it. It took a little bit to connect spicy and what was his way of saying jalepeno.

I love that DS and I can be as goofy as we wanna be without any one glaring at us and sneering "I know why HE is acting like a # yo, but you're supposed to be older than that." DS and I sing made up songs at the top of our lungs off-key in the car and in the grocery store, we run in circles and play tag, he'll pretend to be an animal, and then I'll be a bigger animal chasing him, then he'll change to a bigger animal and chase me and.... I can't think of better ways to spend a day, an afternoon, an hour or even just a couple minutes.

Thanks for sharing and getting me to focus on the good for a few.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I find myself working hard to find the happy little moments... I guess it's part of my efforts toward an attitude of gratitude.

As I'm sure you all know... it's so easy to get overwhelmed in the negative. My peace that night was interrupted by AH coming home with his "ready to argue" attitude in full force... with my attitude of gratitude in full force, I was able to resist the "bait!"

I'm so ready to be done with him and his "stuff."