Awareness may be the first step in change..

Old 02-27-2011, 02:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Awareness may be the first step in change..

but it's annoying the heck out of me right now.

My middle son is an alcoholic in training.

He:

blameshifts, denies, blows up or sneaks around to get what he wants, is very very passive aggressive (learned from the Master-his father) and treats his little brother like crap. Usually, on the down low thinking I don't see it. He taunts his brother and then laughs when he's angry.

Lately, I'm aware that my resentment towards his father is carried over to him. When he behaves like AH, my patience and tolerance, that are necessery tools I need as his mother to help him, is non-existent. I've already used it all up on his father and resent the daylights out of having to deal with my child who behaves the same way.

So, this is what I know. I have to change, I have to be more patient and a better parent to him. It's my job, not his. He's damaged because of his wildly dysfunctional parents. I'm looking for therapy for us before I leave for California again on Thursday. That'll be fun, going into therapy with him NOT!!!

Thanks for listening.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi is it possible to send the kid to therapy? well when my parents were messing up I went to one (just for me) and it helped me A LOT.. and even with that I screwed up often lol but it did help

Transformy I identify with you because I believe we are heroines dealing with constant stress LOL and making a better job than we think...

Remember one day the kid will be 18 and he will leave! this too shall pass! j/k

Awareness is difficult... acceptance is difficult... action is difficult.. maybe that's why it's just a few of us in this path??