I don't feel like I'm missing out anymore...

Old 02-19-2011, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I don't feel like I'm missing out anymore...

Went to a memorial for someone who died last week that I knew from my ex last night which had a party right afterwards.

Low and behold, there he was....

Completely Drunk...

Stumbling around...

Shooting bottle rockets out of his ass....

A 49 year old guy drunk as **** and shooting fireworks out of his ass. He even stood straight up once and could of gotten one to the head.

So..... think I can do better?
Old 02-19-2011, 12:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

VERY attractive.

It's amazing what we see once we can break free and get a little distance.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
VERY attractive.

It's amazing what we see once we can break free and get a little distance.

How true it is....how true

He was a hit with the 5 year olds though.....
Old 02-19-2011, 05:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

LOL about the fireworks.

When my kids were going through their Animal House stage of life in their 20s, they loved having AH at their parties because of antics like that.

Then the kids grew up.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Amazing isn't it. I found some film this summer which I had developed. There were several photos of my husband being goofy, holding a beer of course. I decided to post one of them on the fridge. I told my friend that the next time I am boo hooing about how much I miss him and I feel like I can't live without him just direct me towards that picture.
My kids are in their 20's and he was always the "fun parent". I am encouraging them to maintain a relationship with him but even my son who is still in his early 20's partying stage is moving beyond his father's maturity level. And I think my AH is finding it difficult to have a grown up relationship with his kids. So he found a new "friend" with a 7 year old he can entertain. Funny thing though is that she does not drink. She however does have a codependent personality. I asked him once."How long do you think she'll put up with your nonsense before she moves on?"
On my bad days I have wanted to write her an email saying,"So you are risking your marriage and family to be with an alcoholic who has nothing to show for 50 years of his life (he pretty much left with the clothes in is closet and that's it) and erectile dysfunction!. Let me know how that turns out for out! And by the way- no backsies!"
But I am more mature than that and know that karma will settle the score and things will resolve as they should.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's good to see them in their natural state.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi BS08!! I remember you.. I used to be "Dreamer999"...
(BTW THANKS you helped me a lot a while ago!!)

Thanks for your post.. reminds me that many don't change at all. Or change, but for the worse.

My ex is also as active as usual, or worse, good news is I am nowhere around to see what he is up to. But I can imagine. When I go "boo hoo" as well I just think about the probabilities, about how past behavior predicts future behavior, about those same words said by my therapist with DECADES of experience with addicts (sadly: that it is a rare one who truly changes and stays OK, and that ex is nowhere near recovery so there's no reason he is acting any different). I imagine he is discussing with someone about how he is perfectly capable of driving when he has trouble even walking straight and getting increasingly toxic/abusive by the minute. Ugh.

Hugs and all the best for you BS08!