Oh Geez...

Old 01-19-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

u did great! all those things you felt and recognized probably would've thrown u into a codie spin a year ago..feelings do pass and aren't facts..i struggle w that all the time...you are a great example of recovery.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. That means a lot.

xah was crying most of the time. In the end, as always, that is what is affecting me the most. I have such a hard time handling other people's pain and uncomfortableness. His especially. I feel a physical panicky feeling, an urgency, that I must say something or do something to make it better right now. That I caused it and must fix it or the world will never be right. It isn't logical.

I'm going to walk to the post office and clear my head. It is freezing out there so I'll be motivated not to cry or my face will freeze off
Old 01-19-2011, 11:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I feel a physical panicky feeling, an urgency, that I must say something or do something to make it better right now. That I caused it and must fix it or the world will never be right. It isn't logical.

You described it perfectly for me. My daughter is struggling with her addiction to the boyfriend/relationship. When she starts to cry, I want to stop it right now.
It feels like a tsunami of emotion getting ready to flood everything in sight.
No, it isnt logical, and my daughter has said, mom it is okay to cry, after i cry i feel better.
well, i dont cry very much, and that isnt logical either.
hmmmm
more thinking to do on this obviously.
she just wants my support and love.
i can do that for her.
sigh...........