Just wanted to get a consesus here...

Old 01-12-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well, to be fair, I did the table yesterday. the AV cabinet was disgusting though, took about 2 hours.

I heard the "if only you were supportive" crap too. it's like he's reading from a script.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Rising from the Ashes

WHAT?! You're talking about me, pixilation! I'm NOT a Quacker!
I can stop quacking any time!

For your information: Fathers with primary or sole custody runs 15%; Joint physical custody runs 25%; and Mother's with primary or sole custody is 60%.

BumblingAlong......"In the US media, I've read, with alarm, about celebrities that have DUI after DUI (Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, etc). That simply wouldn't happen here. They would be jailed after the first offence. (I know there's nothing stopping a person from driving just because their licence is suspended, but why aren't they jailed for driving under suspension and a subsequent DUI??) Maybe the laws aren't that different, but the celebrites are treated differently!"

Yes, the rich and famous here in the States can buy their own justice!

Phoenix
Old 01-12-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yes, it is a big deal.

I've heard that in some other countries one DUI and you lose your license forever!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by SteppingUp View Post
Yes, it is a big deal.

I've heard that in some other countries one DUI and you lose your license forever!
Hey SteppingUp, good to see you.

Your post got me curious, check it out. DUI Penalties Elsewhere

Anybody wannna grab a cooler and road trip to El Salvador?

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm resisting giving my consensus in a way that is insulting to him. It's hard. However, a single DUI is a big deal. The only people who don't think that are alcoholics and/or clueless... oh, wait... nevermind.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you, everyone.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coyote21 View Post
Hey SteppingUp, good to see you.

Your post got me curious, check it out. DUI Penalties Elsewhere

Anybody wannna grab a cooler and road trip to El Salvador?

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

How about Malaysia

In Poland they are forced to attend political lectures.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Eek..I don't think I would like Malaysia's.

Finally found my phone! It was hiding in my boys' room.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

DUI Laws in Singapore

Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can have grave consequences for the intoxicated driver as well as anyone sharing the road with him. The country of Singapore has established acceptable blood and breath levels of alcohol and drivers who test beyond these limits can face drunken driving charges. The laws will also apply to any driver found under the influence of drugs. Singapore law also allows for convictions even if the driver had legally acceptable levels of alcohol if evidence proves he was operating the vehicle improperly because of consumption.
Legal Limits
Drivers whose breath tests reveal over 35 micrograms of alcohol for every 100 milliliters of breath or more than 80 micrograms per 100 milliliters of blood can face charges of drunken driving.
First Offense
A first-time conviction can carry a fine between $1,000 and $5,000 and up to six months in jail.
Second Offense
Second offenses can result in fines between $3,000 and $10,000 and up to one year in jail.
Third and Subsequent Offenses
Drivers convicted of a third or subsequent offense can face a penalty of up to three years in jail and a fine of $30,000.
Loss of License
Any conviction will result in a license suspension of at least one year regardless of the circumstances.
Death or Injury
Accidents that cause death or injury can result in an additional caning of six strokes.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:12 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

here in ONTARIO?..hummm..have to look it up....
Old 01-14-2011, 08:24 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Great, in the local news it was reported that 2 pastor's from a church were just arrested for suspicion of DUI. One was driving home, and got stuck in a snowbank, called the other pastor, and they were both there shoveling the first car out when the cops came upon them.

Anyway, now he's using that story to reiterate his "see, everyone gets one, it's no big deal"

huh, if I were a member of that church, it would be enough for me to stop attending and go elsewhere.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:12 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pixilation View Post
Well, if you plead guilty here, first offense is $625 fine, and 30 days suspended sentence, 90 days suspended license, with the ability to get a work release license after 30 days. 2nd offense is $1025 fine, 30 days with all but 2 days suspended, etc.

The custody thing is honestly the biggest reason I've stayed as long as I have. and I'm sure he knows that, which is why he holds it over my head so often.
The custody thing is why I always stayed too. The thought of him getting the girls and having them go through that was too much to even consider. However, the "evidence" is mounting against him. In my state, drug/alcohol use by a parent is weighed heavily against that parent. And now there is a DUI to prove it, probably more. In the end, I left and he didn't even fight it. He knew he would never get them. This is him manipulating you. The A's will find the one thing that they can use........and they will try to the end. I called his bluff, and that's exactly what it was.

And yes, 1 DUI IS A BIG DEAL. In most states there will be a fine and revocation of license. If he doesn't have a license to drive, he won't get the child(ren) What if there was an emergency......he wouldn't be able to drive them. If you are itching to file custody, that might be the time.

Anyway, good luck to you. I know it is hard, but you REALLY REALLY REALLY DO have the "upperhand" here.
M
Old 01-14-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

hi pixilation,

sorry to chime in late (just coming out of 10 day migraine spell)...

Wanted to say two things to you:

a) Yes, to me a DUI is a ***HUGE** deal because it means having complete and total disregard for others who are unlucky enough to cross your path while you travel someplace in your state of drunkeness...

Don't let your A minimize the gravity of his DUI. BIG. FRIGGIN. DEAL.

b) Regarding the custody threats...they *are* in all likelihood just threats. Your A is getting his fill of power tripping at your expense, knowing full well that your weakness is your child. However, going after custody, legally speaking, and then assuming said custody is a long-term and expensive commitment for a lazy, self-serving individual as your A seems to be.

I know it's hard to see beyond the possible courtroom drama, but if you try to "play the tape forward" for a minute and imagine your STBXAH actually taking care of his son on specific days at specific times...it'll become clear that he'll either shorten or cancel his visitation altogether, because it's simply too much work.

And in the end, if you play the tape aaaaaall the way forward to when your son is an adult, he'll *know* exactly who was there for him and who was an unrealiable disappointment of a parent.

*HUGS* to you.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

quack, quack, quack

Be confident in yourself.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:53 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Maybe to some people its not big deal because often the one in the copilot seat is the one who dies and not them. To think I was in that place often. And when I was not there, I was "driving him back home to safety" Why not play russian roulette??? UGH.

They have caught XABF sometimes, but he has a nice car so they think he has $ and let him go. In Mexico if you pay the police officer (if there is one around at all) then who cares.

I am so happy I get to drive my own car and whenever I see someone suspicious or zig zagging I let them pass and crash with someone else.

Not giving importance to DUIs and even consider it "fun" is the ultimate sign about how incredibly selfish and foolish some people can be.

Anyway I hope you are doing fine and I am also trying to clean my new apartment. It's a MESS!! And remember dogs that bark do not bite. No offense. (To the dog)

Sorry I am feeling bitter and angry, as I remember some people that have killed people on the roads. You know what is worse? they STILL drive that way. You would think that would be rock bottom, to kill a mother of 2.

Nope.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:03 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Really?

Good God. Really?

Cyranoak

P.s. His cluelessness as evident in this statement won the first ever Cyranoak Triple Headbang.

Anyway, now he's using that story to reiterate his "see, everyone gets one, it's no big deal"
Old 01-14-2011, 08:32 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Skipper

Great, in the local news it was reported that 2 pastor's from a church were just arrested for suspicion of DUI. One was driving home, and got stuck in a snowbank, called the other pastor, and they were both there shoveling the first car out when the cops came upon them.

huh, if I were a member of that church, it would be enough for me to stop attending and go elsewhere.

Ok, I was waiting for a punchline.

Really? Two pastors?

Your A is just doing his circular argument with himself for justification...QUACK!
Old 01-15-2011, 06:52 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Yep, two pastors. AND a third person(female)pulled up to the scene just as officers arrived, and that female was also drunk! It happened on an off ramp from the interstate(which runs right thru the middle of town)

I swear I couldn't make this up if I tried.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Any DUI is serious to me, becasue it shows an incredible lapse in good judgement. It proves selfishness, irresponsibility and wrecklessness. All are qualities that I do not want in my life.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Skipper

My neighbor is a raging alcoholic. She finally agreed to stop driving. It's a relief. I remember all the neighbors gathering their children from street hockey or stickball if they saw her with her car keys in hand. She has never once gotten a DUI.

I think any one of us thinks it's very serious when we think of a loved one in the path of an impaired person behind the wheel of 2,000 lbs. of steel.

In society, we talk a lot about irresponsible behavior and the laws that have been created to protect us. This is a law for a reason, and actually all parties agree it is a serious offense. You don't even see huge debate on this issue!